6. Just Trying to Be Friendly

Start from the beginning

"Are you serious?" He just looks at me with a surprised expression mixed with frustration.

"Yes! Why are you so shocked, Jungkook?!" Does he want me to be jealous?!

"Because, even though it's rare, every time I come across a fling a second time, they always want more. Or, they would act jealous if I'm around other women." Jungkook explains his past with me. He expected me to be just like the rest of them.

"Is that right? Well, I'm not like those women. Jungkook, I'm not jealous. When we agreed on being friends, I meant it! And, sorry, but, if me asking about you and Munhee was stepping over the friendship boundaries, then I won't ask. I'm open when it comes to talking about sex, even with my best guy friends back home. But, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable bringing it up," I say everything clearly for him to comprehend and make sure he knows how sincere I am.

He nods, "Okay, fine. And, nothing happened between me and Munhee last night, beyond what you saw at the club. We both drank too much and I didn't want us to both be in that state if I took her back here."

"Totally understand. You're quite the gentleman for not taking it too far with both of you in that state, Jeon Jungkook."

He gives me a small smile and asks, "How about you, Sarah? How was the rest of your night? I know you left the club with Hoseok and Roxy right?"

"I did, but we also gave Junghyun, Eunji and her friends a ride back home," I inform him and he might as well know, "Actually, Junghyun and I hung out for a bit after."

"What do you mean?" He looks at me, furrowing his brows.

"He came back here and we hung out. We were both starving so I called room service. We just ate and spent time together, talking," I candidly tell him.

"Nothing more?" He inquires.

"Would it matter if more happened?" I ask him, me raising an eyebrow at the troubled expression he's starting to have on his face.

"Well... no. It's just..." he seems to be having trouble finding the words.

"It's just what?" I ask him. Does he feel uncomfortable about me being around Junghyun? Junghyun did kiss me, but I'm not going to admit that just yet. I'm sensing some jealousy.

"You and my brother..." he trails off again.

"Jungkook, are you jealous?!" I ask him.

"What?! No!" He quickly retorts.

"So, if I told you he kissed me last night, you'd totally be fine with it?" I might as well admit what happened.

"Did he?" He hesitantly asks.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask him back, not sure how he'll react to my answer.

"Well, I asked, so yes," he says in a smart-ass kind of way.

"Yes, Jungkook. Junghyun kissed me," I admit to him while directly looking into his eyes, trying to gauge his reaction.

"I told him you're off limits," he says out loud then abruptly clasps his hand over his mouth. He looked like he regretted blurting that statement out. I was not expecting that outburst.

"You told him I was off limits? When? Wait...why?" I interrogate him.

"It doesn't matter," he shrugs and looks away from me.

"The fuck it doesn't! Why am I off limits to your brother? Do you not like the idea of him and I having something going on?" I'm increasingly getting annoyed.

"You're free to do whatever you want," he says, trying to sound unaffected, but, I don't buy it.

"Answer my question, Jungkook. Do you not like the idea of him and I having something going on between us? Be honest."

"No! No, I don't!" Jungkook answers.

"Why?" I ask him, just wanting clarity.

"Because, I had you first!" He says, now looking at me intensely.

"What?! You never had me, Jungkook! We had a fling! Nothing more! Wait, do you have feelings for me?" I want to know what's going through his head.

"No, I don't have feelings for you," he flat out tells me with a serious expression on his face, and his eyes direct themselves to the ground.

"So, if you don't have feelings for me, then why does it matter?! You know what, Jungkook, if me being involved with your brother makes you uncomfortable, then I won't let anything develop between us. I mean, it wasn't like anything was going to happen since I'm not interested in him and I'm leaving Korea in less than a couple weeks. I actually pushed him away because I didn't  want it to go any further," I sigh, heavily, "I just don't get why you'd tell him I'm off limits to him if you and I were never really a thing. Am I off limits to all men in your mind?! Jungkook, you never had me! And, you don't even have feelings for me!" I sigh, exasperated, and continue, "Whatever... I'm just going to go back to my room, Jungkook. Please tell Melina to meet me there."

"Wait, aren't you hungry, Sarah? We have all this breakfast food," he says while looking at me a little defeated.

"I've lost my appetite," I mutter and walk towards the suite's door.

*********

A/N:
Question time!

What's the first BTS song that really made you become part of ARMY?

🎵Song to check out: "Unattainable" by Little Joy

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you're all enjoying it so far! Please vote and comment! It would mean a lot! XOXO✨
-MissD