Axel:
Just try and control
your anger for one night
you don't want her to think
that your bat-shit crazy.

Dante:
You know what happened
last time, you killed the poor
guy.

Leo:
Not like he didn't deserve
it. Glad I killed him anyway, what
a waste of air if you ask me.

"What's the big deal about this ball anyway." Elena said whispering in my ear. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. "You will see soon enough, we're nearly there." I said whispering back.

"What you love bird talking about?" Dante said from across the limo. "Shut the fuck up Dante." We said at the same time. "You guys are as cute as baby turtles riding skateboards." Dante responded. "Oh look we're here time to go lovebirds." He said trying to get under my skin. It's fucking working.

We all got out of the car and were greeted with a long black carpet cascading to the entrance of the mansion. Same every year, could at least spice it up.

I interlocked my arm with Elena's as we walked towards the open doors. I want to keep her close at all times in case of what I did last year. It wasn't that bad but now it's with someone who's my weakness anything could happen. I'm not going to do what I did but someone else could try.

The short story, I brought a girl to the ball and I killed her. I wasn't close to her but she didn't need to necessarily die. You ain't hear that again coming from a mafia boss.

We all walked inside and was met with the same stone archway and large chandelier handing down. I walked up to the same man from last year and gave our names to be announced. "Leo Hernandez and Elena Rodriguez, reapers." The man looked at me and his face went pale. I love the effect I have in people when they find out who I am.

"Leo Hernandez and Elena Rodriguez, the reapers." The man announced as we stood in the archway. Everyone turned to look at us with shocked faces. The first time I brought someone she ended up dead, they probably think that's what is going to happen today. That's where there wrong.

With my arm wrapped around her waist we stood in silence. I looked over to Elena, she looked petrified.
"They look at me because I'm powerful, they look at you because your beautiful." I whispered in her ear to try and calm her nerves. She looked over to me and gave a sheepish smile.

I began to descend down the small set of stairs with Elena still in my arm. Once on the ballroom floor everyone made clearing so we could pass and make our way to the designated table that i booked. Luca my brother was already sat down waiting. "Leo" he said standing up to greet me. "Brother, how have you been?" I said back.

"You know me good." He said coming in for a bro hug. I patted his back smiling. "How's Lila?" I asked Luca. "Wait wait, Lila as in blonde hair, blue eyes, practically invented red, looks cute but she's a total bitch?" Elena gasped. "Yeah Lila fox" Luca said looking her up and down. "Where is SHE!?" She shouted.

"Lila went to the buffet table why?" Luca said. "Omg! Let's go!!" Elena shouted dragging me to the buffet table. Making me look like a puppy following it's owner.

"RED!" Tesoro shouted catching the attention of half the ballroom. "SUNSHINE!" Lila said running up to Elena pounding into her with a huge bear hug. "I didn't know you would be here" Elena giggled. Good grief. "I just came for the food girl, but my boyfriend wanted me to come." Lila said. "Never said your boyfriend was Leo's brother did you." Elena playfully pushed her.