S3 EP 12 ! "Congraduations!"

Start from the beginning

"That's enough pictures for now," DeVante told everyone. "We gotta go put our caps and gowns on," Tanai said after.

"See you on stage, graduates!" Anita called out to K-Ci, DeVante, and Tanai as they left out.

Twenty minutes had passed and all of the guests, parents, and family members of the graduates had moved into the auditorium since that's where the official ceremony would be held.

Anita started crying and JoJo gave his mother an odd look. "You okay...?"

"Yeah," she sniffed and wiped her eyes with a tissue. "I just didn't think K would ever graduate on time!"

Mr Clint, the principal, adjusted his tie as he walked into the auditorium. He greeted the staff and a few of the parents, and on his way, he noticed something was off, and started to approach Dalvin and JoJo.

"What are you two doing over here?"

Dalvin and JoJo shared a look of confusion. "What do you mean?" JoJo was the one to ask.

"You two scored the highest out of your grade on that test you took, so you're eligible to graduate," Clint explained. "I thought you knew?"

"No, nobody informed us," Dalvin shot up out of his seat. "But thank you!"

"No problem. Now the both of you go hurry up and put your gowns on, the ceremony is beginning." Clint told the two, who raced to get dressed expeditiously.

"Wassup fellow graduates?" Dalvin put his hands in the air once him and JoJo reached the back of the stage where the rest of the seniors were awaiting.

"What y'all two doing back here?" K-Ci asked, playing with the tassel on his cap.

"Turns out Dalvin and I are graduating too since we aced our tests," JoJo informed. "Cheating off you was probably the best thing I've ever done!" Dalvin patted JoJo's shoulder.

Tanai pulled the four into a hug. "Congrats to us! We all get to graduate together!"

K-Ci whispered something to DeVante and looked at Dalvin, the two of them snickering. "What's so funny?" Dalvin mugged.

"You know you got the wrong color gown on, right? That's for the girls," DeVante told him. Dalvin realized he was wearing a silk yellow gown similar to the one Tanai was wearing, and not the type DeVante, K-Ci, or JoJo wore, which was blue.

"I'll be back," he pushed past the many seniors and ran to go change into the correct colors.

"Tanai Campbell!" Principal Clint called out. The crowd clapped as Tanai walked across the stage, shaking hands with Clint and grabbing her diploma.

A couple more students were called before it was Dalvin's turn.

"Dalvin DeGrate!"

Everyone clapped and waited for Dalvin to step up, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Dalvin DeGrate...?"

"I'm here! I'm here!" Dalvin ran through the aisle and climbed on stage, putting his cap on the wrong way. He jumped and did a backflip, damn near breaking his neck, after taking his diploma.

"Donald DeGrate Jr!"

DeVante took his diploma then stepped up to the microphone. "It's DeVante!"

"It's Donald!" Darlene corrected before snapping a photo.

More students were called and now they were in the middle of the alphabet.

"Cedric Hailey!"

K-Ci shook hands with Principle Clint and took his diploma before stepping up to the mic. "I actually have a few things I'd like to say," he adjusted the microphone and began his speech. "Goodbye seniors, goodbye class. High school, you can—"

"Thank you Cedric!" Clint pushed K-Ci off the stage as quickly as he could before calling the next name. "Joel Hailey!"

Everyone clapped as JoJo received his diploma from Clint then went to sit down until everyone was called.

The ceremony reached an ending around twenty minutes later. "Congratulations to the class of nineteen-ninety one! You may now move your tassels to the other side and remove your caps!"

Tanai, DeVante, K-Ci, JoJo, and Dalvin switched their tassels from right to left, then happily threw their caps up in the air.