Chapter 9

I was already awake and eating breakfast when someone knocking at the door interrupted me. I got up from the table and walked over to the door, answering it to see Braxton.

''It's not even eleven and you're over my house?" I questioned.

"Well excuse me,'' Braxton said, turning on his heel.

I sighed and rested against the doorframe. ''Braxton, come on in.''

He spun around and ran inside, plopping down on my couch. "So what do you have planned for the day?"

''I don't know, Sabrina and my dad are out shopping with Mason. Plus, Ian didn't text me yet, he's probably still sleeping.'' I said, cleaning up the kitchen.

''Him again?"

''You don't like Ian?"

''I don't trust him, Cassie. There was just something I saw when he came over the other day and I didn't like it.''

''What did you see?" I asked, sitting next to him.

''I don't know! Ian just gives me a bad feeling, Cass.''

''Well, Ian already asked me out last night.'' I smiled a little.

''WHAT?!'' Braxton yelled, standing up. "W-what do you mean he already asked you out?!"

''As in being his girlfriend and I said yes. I like Ian and he feels the same about me.''

''Well, that's just fucking great!"

I looked at Braxton and raised my eyebrows. What the hell just happened here? He was happy and fine one minute and now he's all pissed off!

''Braxton?!''

''Say no more! You and Ian are so happy with each other, big fucking deal!"

''Okay if you're going to act like an asshole, then get the hell out of my house! I went through enough crap with my dad about this, now I don't need it from you! Especially if you're my friend.''

''I'm out.'' Braxton walked over to the door, opening it, and slammed it behind him.

''He's such an asshole.''

*******************************

After that little incident with Braxton, my best friend Aubrey came over to hang out with me. We were sitting upstairs in my room, listening to music and browsing my laptop when my phone buzzed.

''Ooh! Is it Ian?" Aubrey teased, pinching my cheek.

I swatted her hand away and picked my phone up. ''Yes, this is the first time I've heard from him all day.''

I: Sorry I just texted you now! I was helping some friends of mine move between houses

C: It's ok I understand :)

I: What are you doing right now babe?

C: My friend Aubrey is over, you should come over and meet her :)

I: Sure I'd love too :)

"Ian's coming over!" I said, getting up and fixing my hair.

''Calm down or I'm going to turn the hose on you!'' Aubrey laughed.

''No time for that!" I rushed over to my closet, changing shirts.

I ran out of my room, going downstairs, and pulled out every snack from the pantry. During the process, my parents and Mason walked in through the door.

''Cassidee, what are you doing?" Sabrina asked, walking in.

''Ian's coming over and she's going all spaz,'' Aubrey said, joining me.

''Just make sure she doesn't hurt herself.'' My dad added in, laughing.

*******************************************

Once Ian arrived we decided to go out into the backyard and sit on the patio. Two minutes in and the back door opened to reveal Milo and Braxton. What the hell is he doing here after what he said this morning?

''Oh no! It's Tweedledee and Tweedledum.'' Aubrey laughed.

''You are so funny, Aubrey! Tell me where do you get your material?" Milo teased.

"Is your dad here or something?" I asked.

''Yeah, they're in his office going over things for the record.''

Ian grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together as Braxton got closer to us. The twins sat across from us, Milo and Aubrey still having their pointless argument.

''Alright, enough. Ian, this is Milo and you already know Braxton.'' I introduced them.

''So you're the guy that snatched up Cassidee?" Milo smiled at Ian.

''I guess so. She is certainly the best.'' Ian smiled, kissing the top of my head.

''Don't you think it's a little soon for you guys to be in a relationship already?" Braxton asked, staring directly at me.

''No? I mean to some people it may seem fast, but I care for Cassidee.''

''How about I get some iced tea for everyone?'' I chimed in.

''Really? Or is that some college guy excuse to get in her pants?"

Ian quickly stood up, letting go of my hand and the two boys got in each other's faces. "What the hell is your problem!?''

''You! You met her at a drunken party and three days later you say you're sooo in love with her! Dude, you don't even know her like I do!"

''STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!'' I screamed, raising my hands. ''Milo, please take your brother and have your dad fucking babysit his ass! I dealt with you this morning, once was enough.''

Milo tapped Braxton on the shoulder, to which Braxton pulled his arm back and bolted into the house. I sat back down and threw my head back, sighing.

''I'm going to see if he's all right,'' Aubrey said, going into the house.

''Ian, I am so sorry you had to put up with him. He was like this morning and I thought by now his attitude would change, but not.''

''You shouldn't have to put up with him! It's not his fault he's an asshole.''

''I have no idea what the hell is with him?"

''If he's going to be this way with you, then just cut him out completely,'' Ian said, turning to face me.

''I can't do that to Braxton, he's been my friend since we were little.''

''People change and Braxton did. You shouldn't be friends with someone who gives you a hard time, that's not a good friend. Trust me, it'll be the best thing to do.''

I've known Braxton nearly my whole life and if I just cut him out, he'll be crushed. But lately, he's been acting like a complete jerk to me and I have no idea what I did?

But Ian said it would be the best thing to do and I don't want to constantly deal with Braxton's nonsense, so I guess Braxton and I are no longer friends.