Chapter 103

Chris's POV

"How could you?" I asked as my blood boiled.

"I had no idea she was even here!"

"This is your fault! Mark my words, Samantha right now, if you EVER make any type of contact with her again you will be sorry!"

"I'm getting help" She shouted.

"BULLSHIT! Who claims they're getting help while they live with drugs and alcohol in the house!? You're not getting help, you're making yourself worse and then you dragged my daughter into it!"

"I had no idea our daughter was even here! So don't put all this damn blame on me!"

My head damn near spun around when Samantha had said the word our. Cassidee was nowhere close to being Samantha's daughter.

"Cassidee is not your daughter! She never was, to begin with! You never took care of her, you abandoned her, and let's not forget you kidnapped her and threatened her with a fucking gun! Yeah, fucking mother of the year right here ladies and gentlemen! And how dare you say the word our to me! There never was us and never will be, so don't claim Cassidee as our's, she's fucking mine!"

Sabrina helped me assist Cassidee out the door as I slammed it behind me. We laid Cassidee in the back seat of my car as I got in the front seat, Sabrina got into her car and we pulled out of the driveway going back to the house. Every few seconds I would take my eyes off the road and look at Cassidee through the rearview mirror to check on her. She had fallen asleep in the fetal position with her mouth hung open, snoring.

We got back to the house and I turned the car off, sighing and shaking my head. I got out and opened the back door and picked up Cassidee bridal style and carried her into the house, going up the steps. I gently laid her on her bed and tucked a few pieces of hair behind her ear, being cautious about the injury on her head. I covered Cassidee with the blankets and walked out of her room, leaving the door cracked a bit.

I walked down the steps and saw Sabrina sitting there on the couch with an irritated look on her face. My mind was telling me two different things at once: Go over and talk with her about this or go over and don't say anything at all. Regardless of what choice I pick, she's not going to be in high spirits.

"Why would Cassidee do this to us? Like how could she lie right to our faces like that?" Sabrina started. "She knew her mother was trouble from the beginning, so why would she betray us?"

I sat down next to my wife and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "I don't know? I wish I had the answers to this, but I don't."

"I don't get it, how did she even know how to get in contact with Cassidee? I want to go upstairs and grab Cassidee by the shoulders and shake her demanding all the answers. I'm just so upset by the fact that she lied straight to our faces about where she'd be heading off to! Do you think Cassidee was always getting drunk and high over there?"

"Samantha said she didn't even know Cassidee was there."

"And you believe that?"

"The only person we can go by is Cassidee."

"So more lies? Because you know Cassidee is just going to lie again."

"You don't know that, I doubt Cassidee will be telling anymore lies after this."

Honestly, I was at a loss for words with what's been going on with Cassidee lately. I understand with the whole school ganging up on her, but even before that it just doesn't make sense to me or Sabrina. She kept the whole thing about sleeping with Braxton to herself, obviously kept going back home a secret and now having contact with her birth mother!

"Am I a bad father?"

"What?"

"Am I a bad father? What's going on with Cassidee, I have no fucking clue because she won't talk to me or I'm barely ever home to make sure the kids are okay! I don't know what to do and I'm afraid if I don't do at least something Cassidee's going to end up dead! Just look at all the shit she's been through in the past, she was nearly dead when you found her at her friends."

"Because she didn't say anything, just like you said she won't talk to anyone but we have to do something or at least try and you are not a bad father. If it wasn't for you all those years ago, Cassidee probably wouldn't have lived to see her teen years."

"I just wish I could get inside her mind and just know a tiny bit of what she's thinking."

Sabrina rested her head on my shoulder and took my hand in hers, lacing our fingers together. They indeed say teenagers need to come with a manual because I don't know jack shit of what's going on with my daughter.