Chapter 72

The next day I woke up after only three hours of sleep, thanks to Jace's idea I was up all night.

How am I going to tell my parents Jace wants our families to meet today? I didn't even mention it to them last night when I came home due to the shock.

I walked downstairs and saw everyone eating breakfast as usual. I grabbed myself a bowl of cereal and began to eat.

"Good morning is what people usually say." My dad said.

"Sorry. I'm just tired, barely slept last night." I replied.

"How was the reception?" Sabrina asked.

"Real nice. I met Jace's parents and everyone else in his family. Everyone was real nice."

"Glad you had a good time, but you hardly said anything when you came back. Everything ok?" My dad asked.

"My feet hurt and I just wanted to go to bed."

"Hm, ok."

"Fine! Jace wants his parents to meet you guys today and I'm uncomfortable with it."

My parents looked at each other and then back at me.

"Why is it such a problem you couldn't mention it last night?"

"Dad, you're terrifying to most people and you know how some people judge a book by its cover. I feel like this could be a disaster."

"I'd be happy to meet Jace's parents. You shouldn't have anything to worry about." My dad smiled.

"Ask Jace what time we should get ready and where we're meeting," Sabrina said.

Oh god! I can't believe this is happening. If Jace's parents piss off my dad..who knows what'll happen.

******************************

I tied up the laces on my shoes and grabbed my cell phone, texting Jace that we were on our way.

We were meeting at a local restaurant for a late lunch and I was completely petrified. This could go bad or end up being a total disaster.

My dad pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car. Mason and I got out of the car, followed by Sabrina and my dad. My heart felt like it was going to jump right out of my chest as we got closer to the door.

We stepped inside and I saw Jace smiling and waving us over. I walked over with my family behind me and gave Jace a tight hug.

"What in the hell are we doing here?" I whispered in his ear.

"Just relax, everything will be ok."

Jace's parents just stared at my parents, until his dad got up and shook my dad's hand, smiling.

"Hello, I'm David and this is my wife Susan." He smiled. "It's nice to finally meet Cassidee's parents. Please sit down."

I damn near fainted.

"Nice to meet you as well. I'm Chris, this is my wife Sabrina and our son Mason."

They sat down and began to have a conversation right off the bat. I must be in some messed-up dream because this is not happening right now.

"I told you, you had nothing to worry about," Jace whispered, kissing my cheek.

I must say this whole meeting was going better than I thought. Jace's parents liked my dad and most people I've come across don't.

"So touring must take a toll on you?" Jace's dad asked.

"That it does. But I love traveling and meeting our fans."

"I like him. You got a good dad here, Cassidee."

I smiled, nodding my head, and watched my dad talk away with Jace's dad as Sabrina talked with his mother.

Okay, so maybe I overreacted a little bit with them meeting each other.

Cassidee's outfit up top.