Chapter 52

Chris's POV

"Braxton's been in there for a long time. I know Ricky's picking him up in a few to take him to his mother's." I said.

"Well while we wait for him, I would like to discuss what happened the other night." Sabrina brought up.

I cringed at the thought and sighed, leaning my head back against the wall. This is not the time or place to discuss what I said to her the night Mason ran away.

"I don't want to discuss it."

"I do! Like how did that thought even come into your head?"

I folded my arms and looked at Sabrina both eyebrows raised at her. How did that stupid of a question come out of her mouth?

"Did you not hear the way you were acting at the house? Did you not even hear yourself talking about Cassidee, my daughter? You were being hurtful and not even showing any concern about her! Yeah, us giving Mason a stern talking to was right, but you went overboard saying we had to ground him was just wrong, Sabrina. He didn't need that extra weight on him while he was worried about his sister. Then you tell me I act like nothing else exists outside of this hospital, well when you have a kid who's lying damn near dead you don't want to leave their side. This isn't the first time I've stayed by her side for days and nights in a hospital, but this time was extremely serious and you just didn't care. I feel like I have to drag you to get you to show even the tiniest bit of concern about Cassidee anymore. I'm done pointing the finger at myself saying it was my fault for letting her go to Ian's, but you also let her go as well, once again you showed no concern and I'm done."

Sabrina blinked away threatening tears and bit down on her lip, nodding her head.

"I loved that speech. How did you say I don't show any concern about her at all? Let me remind you of a little fact here. Who stayed up all night with you when her psychotic mother kidnapped her, who you also permitted to go into that unit like it was nothing. Me! I stayed up all night and when Cassidee was returned to us and when she was too afraid to sleep who comforted her through the nightmares? Me again! I've done a lot for her over the years since we've been married, maybe you've had your head too far up your ass to see that."

"This is what I'm talking about that I can't put up with anymore. Go back home and get your stuff out of my house because I can't live with you no more and I refuse to, so goodbye."

"If that's what you want, fine. When should I be expecting to see divorce papers in the mail?"

"Soon."

Sabrina turned around and walked down the hallway, becoming further and further away from my sight. At this moment I don't exactly know how I feel or how I should feel.

Do you guys think they're going to divorce? Leave a comment.