Chapter 27

Cassidee's POV

The next few days went by and I was back at Ian's. Surprisingly, things were different. When I came back the other day, he didn't question me or put a finger on me. We kept our distances.

Today was the day of the baby shower we were attending and this would be the last event I'd ever show up with Ian.

I was sitting on the couch, folding up the outfits and putting them in a box. I cut some pink wrapping paper and covered the box with it.

"Come on, Cassidee, I said I was sorry," Ian said, sitting next to me.

"I know and I know that you care about me, but it's not what just happened at Mason's game," I said, taping the sides.

"Well, listen, we'll go to the baby shower and come home and talk it over. I promise."

"Ian, I mean it. We have to end this." I glared at him.

Ian grabbed my arm, but I pulled it back and almost reached for the scissors that were on the coffee table.

"Look, I need to be alone, okay? My life is so messed up. I don't talk to my friends, I just want my life back."

"But you're my life."

I sighed and took off the bracelet Ian gave me a few days earlier. I handed it back to him and raised my eyebrows.

"Look, I still want to be friends."

Ian grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "I could never give you up."

"Whatever. We're going to be late, let's go." I got up from the couch and put the gifts into a large gift bag. "I'll be in the car."

I walked outside and put the bag in the backseat and got in the front, closing my door and putting on my seatbelt.

Ian came outside, getting into the car, and pulled out of the driveway. We arrived at the recreation center the shower was being held and walked inside, carrying my gift.

"Ian! What's going on, man?" A tall, shaggy brown-haired boy called, approaching us.

"Trevor!" Ian smiled, giving his friend a high five.

Trevor had brown shoulder-length hair, blue eyes, and was about the same height as Ian. The only difference was Trevor had snake bites.

"Who's this?" Trevor smiled, looking at me.

"My girlfriend Cassidee."

"You didn't tell us you had a girlfriend. Very sneaky, Ian. Well, I'm Trevor and it was very nice to meet you, Cassidee." Trevor smiled, shaking my hand.

"My pleasure. Is there a place to put my gift?"

"Yeah! Right over there on that table." He pointed to the far right.

"I'm gonna go talk with some friends," Ian said, patting my shoulder and walking away.

"But I don't know anyone here."

I stood there awkwardly for a minute until a heavily pregnant girl around my age came up to me.

So this is Trevor's girlfriend. She had long dark brown layered hair that went past her shoulders, light blue eyes, and venom bites.