Chapter 51

Cassidee's POV

I twitched and groaned, opening my eyes to be blinded by that damn whiteness again. Somehow with this oxygen tube in my nose, I managed to pick up the scent of coffee. I turned my head and saw my mom and dad drinking coffee and eating bagels.

"Hey, good morning, beautiful." Sabrina smiled, coming over and brushing some stray hairs from my face.

I looked at my dad and noticed he didn't acknowledge her talking to me. He just kept eating his food and scrolling on his phone. Okay, I might have been out of it for who knows how long, but I have a feeling one of them snapped on the other one and it didn't end pretty.

"Braxton's out in the hallway, he was so worried about you. You're probably getting tired of seeing me and Dad, so I'll bring you in a new visitor." She smiled.

She walked away and my dad scooted his chair closer to my bed. He gently took my hand in his and gave me a teary-eyed smile.

"Don't feel pressured to rush your healing, my baby. Yes, even though you turned seventeen you're still my baby, my only baby girl."

I turned my focus on Braxton who entered the room with fat tears rolling down his face. He kneeled beside the foot of my bed and cried his heart out.

"I'll give as much time as you need, it's ok," My dad said, getting up and patting Braxton on the back as he walked away.

Braxton stood up, fixing himself, and stood next to me. He hovered over me and placed an elongated kiss on my forehead, to which I closed my eyes and weakly smiled.

"You don't know how scared I was about you, Cassie. You also don't know how many schools I missed." He chuckled.

Yeah, still the same old dumbass. But a smart, caring, and wonderful one at that.

"I overheard your parents talking and they said you're slowly but surely making a recovery, they just don't know when you want to start talking. Ian got into a lot of serious trouble from this."

I heard that name and my heart rate sped up as I started shaking my head no and crying. A nurse ran over and checked my machine as it was beeping pretty loud.

"Her heart rate is going off the wall."

"Hey, hey, shh." Braxton cooed, gently rubbing his hand up and down my arm. "It's ok, I'm here."

I calmed down and so did my heart and nerves. My nurse pressed a few buttons on my monitors and reset them so that it was showing my heart rate was steady again.

"Definitely won't be saying that name anymore."

******************************************************

What felt like forever, Braxton was still by my side and it didn't matter if I was talking or not. His hand never left mine and I felt secure around him.

"I'm probably gonna have to get going soon. Our mom has Milo and me later today, so I better get going."

Before he stood up, I tightened my grip on his hand.

"Okay." Braxton smiled. "I won't leave you."