Chapter 74

Braxton's POV

It was nearly two in the morning when I decided to sneak out and head over to Cassidee's. Yes, I could and probably would get into serious trouble with both mine and her dad, but I needed to talk to Cassidee.

I crept down the steps and quietly opened the door, pulling up my hood as a drizzle started. I closed the door and began to walk to Cassidee's house, reciting the things I was going to tell her over and over in my head.

I was halfway to her house when the rain started to pour down, so I ran as fast as I could to her house. Of course, I'm an idiot and forgot to realize there's no way I could get up to her window. I looked around and saw a few stones on the ground, picking them up. I threw one against her window and waited for some sign of her.

I threw the second one and her bedroom light came on. She pulled back the curtain and opened her window, peeking her head out.

"Braxton?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Go away."

"If you don't let me in and just talk to me, I'll start screaming my head off."

"Fine. Come to the front door."

She closed her window and I hurried over to the door, trying to warm myself up as best as I could. The door opened and I stepped in, taking off my wet hoodie.

"Cassidee."

"Why are you here? You made up your mind on who you want to be with, so just go."

"Yeah, and I made the biggest mistake of my life."

I grabbed Cassidee by her shoulders and crashed my lips onto hers. Cassidee didn't hold back either, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me twice as hard. I lifted her as she wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried her upstairs to her room.

We stepped inside her room, closing the door and I placed Cassidee back on her feet. I stepped towards her again and she dodged me.

"Cassidee?"

"I can't, this is wrong. You have a girlfriend, you need to leave, go."

I grabbed Cassidee's wrists and pulled Cassidee to me again, kissing her once more. She placed her hand on my face and deepened our kiss, moving her other hand to my shirt.

"I can't." She turned around, sighing.

"Well can I at least dry my clothes?"

"Yeah, you left a pair of sweatpants here that are in the laundry room. I'll dry your clothes."

Cassidee turned around as I stripped from my wet clothes and piled them on the floor.

"Uhm, er, what about your boxers?"

"I'll take them off when you bring the sweatpants up."

"Wouldn't you want them dry?"

"I'll be fine."

"Braxton, just give me the damn boxers. I'll stand outside."

Cassidee picked up my clothes and waited outside the door. I handed my boxers to her and awkwardly waited for her return.

A few seconds later, the door opened and my sweatpants were being dangled from Cassidee's hand. I grabbed them and quickly slipped them on.

She walked back in and sat up in her bed as I sat on the chair next to her desk.

"I hate myself and you need to leave once your stuff is dry. Who walks in the pouring rain at 2 am to just talk to someone? Have you lost your mind, Braxton?"

"You're going to hate yourself because you acted out on your true feelings?"

"I'm in a relationship with someone and so are you. Reminder, you pretty much told me fuck you at Aubrey's."

I got up from the chair and sat on the edge of Cassidee's bed. I took both of her hands in mine and sighed.

"I was hurt at the time and then Kamryn came along and admitted she liked me, so I said the hell with it. I didn't do it to make you mad."

"Oh, bull. Then why did you finally message me after two weeks to hang with you guys and I find you all lovey with Kamryn?"

"I wanted to see if you would still acknowledge me after the way I was at the hospital. I know you needed time, but I'm selfish and I just wanted you to myself."

I kissed both of Cassidee's hands, working my way up her arms, her shoulders, and eventually her neck. She wrapped her arms around my neck and ran her nails down my back.

I laid Cassidee back and got on top of her, grinding my hips into hers as she kissed and bit my neck.

Ten seconds later, the only article of clothing that separated us was Cassidee's underwear.

She slipped off her underwear and wrapped her legs around my waist. I got myself situated, Cassidee and I both gasping at the same time as she gripped my shoulders.

"Mm, Braxton, I love you," Cassidee whispered in my ear. 

I smiled down at Cassidee and pressed my lips to hers, thrusting my hips at a harder pace.

I pushed out all the mean things I had said about Cassidee these past few weeks from my head and concentrated on her.

She deserved to feel good after enduring through so much shit and I was giving that to her.

I made love to Cassidee and I wasn't a damn bit shamed either.