Chapter 61

"Be careful with her, keep her downstairs, and don't let her walk to the bathroom without assistance." My dad informed Sabrina.

"Don't worry."

"Maybe you should've just put me in a nursing home," I called from the couch.

Yes, I was finally out of the hospital and told to keep resting at home. Unfortunately, I came back home the day my dad leaves for the tour! Isn't that a bitch?

"Well, you're back to being a smart mouth." My dad laughed, walking over to me. "I'm going to miss you so much and you can call or text me when you want if I don't answer-"

"You're performing, I know."

My dad pressed his lips to my forehead for a good while and smiled when he pulled back. He walked over to Sabrina and Mason, giving them hugs and kisses, and then headed out the door. For some reason, it's going to feel weird without my dad here. I mean I'm used to it, but this time it just feels different.

"I'm going to get lunch started, Mason why don't you come to help me? Would you like anything before I get started, Cassidee?"

I shook my head. "No thanks."

"Okay."

I sighed as I laid on the couch, listening to the clinking and clanking of silverware and Mason's annoying voice ring throughout the house. That's one thing I didn't miss about my brother.

*********************************************************

After lunch, the doorbell rang and Mason ran in, answering it to reveal Balz and Ryan Ashley. Before the tour started my uncle announced he was no longer a part of Motionless In White. It broke my heart along with everyone in the fan base, but it happens. Since then he or Ryan Ashley stop over sometimes to see us and check in on me.

"Hello. Nice to see you two." Sabrina, smiled hugging them both.

"Hey, kiddo." Balz smiled, gently hugging me. "You finally broke out."

"Yeah. I had to check out of that place, that food will kill ya'! Hi, Ryan."

"Hey, gorgeous." She smiled, pecking me on the cheek.

"Feeling ok?"

"Just stiff."

"Balz, come and see this awesome game I got for my X-Box!" Mason said, waving Balz over.

He walked over to Mason and grabbed an extra controller and started getting schooled by my little brother on what buttons were needed for the game.

"Hey, Ryan? Do you mind if I asked you something?" I said in a hushed voice.

"Not at all." She smiled, sitting beside me. "What's on your mind?"

"Well, the other day Aubrey informed me that Braxton loves me. I love him too, but when he asked me out and called me his girlfriend I told him we should at least wait a bit before I jump into another relationship and I feel like I broke his heart again. The first time was when I kicked him out of my room."

"Braxton does need to understand that you just came out of a battlefield of a relationship and your father is more likely going to be even more overprotective of you when you start dating again."

"But Braxton was so pissed that day at the hospital."

"Because now that you're free from that scumbag, Braxton wants to rush in and get you before anyone else does and he wants to protect you. He's rushing and not grasping the fact that you just need some time."

"Sounds like Braxton's also a little bit on the selfish side too."

"I guess he's just scared about you, Cassidee. I wouldn't worry too much about that, but whenever he or you come around, talk it out and I'm sure he'll understand."

I smiled and hugged Ryan Ashley. "Thanks for the advice."

"Anytime."