Chapter 30

Aubrey's mom dropped me off at Ian's and I waved goodbye, smiling as I walked through the front door.

"Ian, I'm home!" I called, closing the door behind me.

Ian walked out of the living room, smiling, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"How were the amusement park and the crazy rides?" He asked, pecking me on the cheek.

"It was so much fun, you really should've come along. But, overall I had a wonderful time with my friends. Aubrey got sick and look what I got!" I exclaimed, showing my gift.

"That's cool. How'd you win it?"

"Braxton won it for me. It's also my favorite c-"

My head damn near spun around when Ian smacked me hard across the face.

"You slut!"

"How am I slut?! Because my best friend won me a fucking prize!? Braxton's right, you sugar-coated this whole thing and I believed it."

Ian pushed and pinned me against the wall, his face so extremely close to mine I could see a perfect reflection of myself in his darkened pupils.

"Don't you ever say that fucker's name in my house! I brought you into my home so we wouldn't have to deal with that son of a bitch, but you still don't listen! You're a fucking moron, Cassidee!"

"And you're a fucking psychopath, Ian!"

"Come here!" Ian yelled, yanking me by my hair.

He opened up the door to the powder room and shoved me inside, pulling my bear out of my grip. Ian stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind him.

The next thing I knew, Ian tore off his belt and began to beat me with it.

I screamed out in pain as I slid down the wall and tried to crouch behind the toilet the best I could. 

"STOP IT!!" I screamed, tears pouring down my face as the leather and metal made contact with my body. "OW! PLEASE! WILLIAM, STOP IT!!"

"WHO THE FUCK IS WILLIAM?! ANSWER ME!" Ian screamed, hitting me again.

Oh my God! I can't believe I just called out that man's name.

"Forget it, I'm through with your pathetic ass anyways."

Ian opened the door and walked over to the steps, heading upstairs. I slowly slid over to the sink and very painfully stood myself up.

I shakily lifted my shirt and could see the welts forming, some of them cut open and bloody.

I turned on the faucet and splashed my face with some cold water. I looked in the mirror and stared at myself in disbelief.

Ian's belt was a prominent trigger for me.