Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning to see I had a text message on my phone. I looked and saw that it was from Braxton.

B: Hey what are you doing today?

C: Idk. I might go get some Starbucks with my dad and then make a trip to Walmart to get a few of Mason's birthday gifts.

B: Can I tag along?

C: Yeah I don't see why not :)

I got up from bed, stretching and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and all that other stuff and went back to my room to get dressed.

I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans and a purple off-the-shoulder top. I applied my eyeliner and mascara, grabbed my phone, and walked downstairs.

"Dad, is it okay if Braxton went with us today?" I asked, grabbing an apple.

"Yeah, we'll pick him up after Starbucks." He said, picking up the car keys. "Ready?"

"Yeah." I finished my apple, throwing the remains in the trash, and put on my sandals by the door.

My dad and I got in the car, putting on our seat belts, and pulled out from the driveway, heading to Starbucks.

Once my dad got his fix of Starbucks, we drove over to Ricky's to pick up Braxton.

He pressed down on the horn and waited for Braxton to come out. Braxton walked out and got into our car ten seconds later and then it was off to Walmart.

"I thought you were supposed to be at your mom's last night?" I asked, turning in my seat.

"Change of plans. So what are you guys getting Mason?"

"Holy shit, this is the most I've ever heard him talk!" My dad laughed, looking over at me.

"Yeah, are you sick or something?"

"No, Cassie. I'm just in a better mood today." Braxton smiled.

"Good. I'm glad."

We pulled into the parking lot and got out, walking in through the doors. My dad grabbed a cart and then my wrist.

"Do not get in trouble again, hear me? I don't need a repeat of almost getting thrown out."

I smirked as I thought about the day Aubrey and I caused havoc in the toy aisle, along with hiding in the clothes racks and scaring people.

"I won't. Now, where are you going to be?"

"I'll be over in the video games and then in the toy section."

"Okay."

"Cassidee Anne Cerulli, I mean it, do not get in trouble." My dad warned, pointing his finger.

"Don't worry, she's with me." Braxton smiled, holding up my hand.

"That's a good idea to keep a grip on her."

"Bye!" I said, dragging Braxton along with me.

"So where to?"

"Ooh! Let's go look at the fish!"

"Okay." Braxton laughed, walking with me to the pet section.

I walked up to one of the tanks and stood there, staring at the fish swimming around.

"You look like my cat, just watching them." Braxton laughed.

"Hey! I like to watch fish swim, it relaxes me."

"Well, one day I'll buy you a super huge fish aquarium."

"That would be awesome." I laughed.

*************************************************

When we got home Braxton and I just hung out in the backyard, sitting on our porch swing. While we were sitting there I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a text from Aubrey.

A: I'm throwing an end-of-the-summer party at my house. This Friday and you're invited!

"Who was that?" Braxton asked.

''Aubrey. She's throwing an end-of-the-summer party at her house this Friday.''

''Are you going?"

''Probably not. Plus if I mention the party to my dad, he'll freak.''

''You should go.''

''I don't know? Maybe my dad won't freak out as much if someone goes with me. Can you go with me?"

''This Friday I'm going to be at my mom's, but maybe I could ask her?''

''Thank you! Thank you!" I smiled, hugging Braxton tight. "We're going to our first real party!"

Oh no! My first real party!

Aubrey----------------------->>