Chapter 69

Cassidee's POV

Two days had passed since I saw my dad and blurted out that Braxton was dating Kamryn and, to be honest, I could care less anymore. Braxton wants to be with Kamryn, okay and I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

"Jace is here." Sabrina smiled, poking her head in my room.

I smiled, fixing my beanie, and walked downstairs to see Jace standing by the front door. Since we ran into each other at the concert, Jace and I have been texting nonstop and we've been hanging out quite often.

"Where are you kids headed today?" Sabrina asked.

"Movies and ice cream," Jace replied.

"Have fun you two and don't stay out too late."

"I'll have her back around ten." Jace smiled, opening the door for me.

We walked out the door and I climbed into the passenger seat when Jace held it open. He got in and we fastened our seatbelts, heading to the movie theater.

"So what movie do you want to see?"

"Oh, I don't know? Whatever you want to see is fine."

"No. Cassidee, I'm taking you out and what you see is perfectly fine with me." Jace smiled.

"Okay, Beauty and the Beast?"

"Beauty and the Beast it is!"

Jace paid for our tickets when we got to the theater and picked us out two seats perfectly settled in the middle. I got comfortable in my seat and waited for the move to start. The lights went off and the movie began to play.

Jace straightened his legs out and put his arm around me. He looked at me and even though it was pretty dark, he had an unsure look on his face.

"It's fine," I whispered.

He eased up a bit and focused his attention back on the screen. I smiled to myself and rested my head against Jace's arm. This was quite nice.

*********************************************

After the movie, we got back in Jace's car and headed to the Cold Stone Creamery. I just got my usual birthday cake ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and my day was complete. I was sitting at the table, enjoying my ice cream when Jace joined me two seconds later with a large cup of chocolate ice cream.

"You're going to have such a sugar rush when you get home." I laughed.

"It's all worth it. So did you enjoy the movie?"

"I did and thank you for taking me out to the movies and getting us ice cream."

"My pleasure. So is your dad still on tour?" Jace asked, putting a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

"Yeah. He should be done within a couple of weeks, but then there's going to be another tour shortly after."

"Damn, how do you manage with your dad being gone for so long?"

"I'm not going to lie it sucks and most the time when he's touring I'm in school or just do what I normally do at home, be a teenager." I chuckled.

"Seriously did you move?"

"I told you before no, things just happened and I had to take a break."

"Sorry."

"No I'm sorry, it's just really frustrating that's all."

"Well I'm stuffed, how about you?"

"So much delicious ice cream, but it was worth it."

Jace drove me back home and I noticed it was barely ten yet, so I figured why not invite him in for a few minutes.

"Would you like to come inside?" I asked.

"Is it ok with your mom?" Jace asked, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"My mom won't mind, come on." I smiled, getting out of the car.

I opened the front door and saw Sabrina sitting on the couch, watching one of her shows.

"You guys are back early. How was the movie?" She asked, smiling.

"It was really good and so was the ice cream. Is it ok if we hung out here for a little bit?"

"Sure. I'm going to get myself ready for bed, you guys help yourselves to some snacks in the kitchen."

We took off our coats and sat down on the couch, me grabbing the remote and turning on one of the music channels.

"Cassidee, can I ask you something?" Jace asked.

"What's up?"

"Why did you miss out on school? I mean I know you said things happened, but like what?"

I sighed as I knew sooner or later someone from school would ask me where I was. Can I trust Jace to tell him what happened?

"You remember Aubrey? Well, she threw a party, I met my ex-boyfriend Ian there, turns out he was abusive and he beat me so bad he put me in a coma."

Jace frowned, gently hugging me. "I am so so sorry. I shouldn't have asked, it was none of my business. I understand if you're-"

I cut Jace off by kissing him long and hard. I don't know what came over me like that? Jace is cute, but I'm not sure if this the right time to start getting involved with another person.

"You have soft lips." Jace smiled once we pulled away.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"Now can I kiss you?"

I hesitated for a minute and smiled, nodding my head. It's only kissing.

Jace placed his hand on my cheek, stroking my face with his thumb as he leaned in and placed his lips on mine.

We made out for what seemed like an eternity when Jace pulled back, holding my hands.

"I should get going. School in the morning, but at least it's Friday tomorrow." He said, standing up.

"True. I hope we can hang out again."

"What are you doing this Saturday?" Jace asked, pulling on his coat.

"Probably nothing."

"My aunt got married in Vegas, they had a small wedding out there, but they want a big reception here to celebrate with the entire family. Want to come with me?"

"It's a family thing. I couldn't intrude on that."

"Nonsense! My family won't mind me bringing a date, plus it saves me from dancing with my aunt." He laughed.

"Okay, I'll think about it."

"Sweet! I'll text you when I get home."

Jace walked out the door and I went upstairs to my room, changing into my pajamas. I went back down to the living room and saw my phone ringing.

It was Braxton.

I ignored his phone call and watched some TV to distract myself. I have nothing else to say to Braxton.

What I thought we had was done and over with.