Chapter 71

Cassidee's POV

Today was the reception Jace was taking me to and I was kind of nervous about going. I was dressed in a dark purple lace dress and black heels, my hair was slightly curled and my makeup was a neutral color.

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, waiting for Jace to arrive. I began to pick at the ends of my dress and sighed.

"What's wrong?" My dad asked.

"I'm uncomfortable about going to this thing."

"Why?"

"Just am and I don't know anyone there, except Jace."

"You'll have a nice time and just be yourself when you're introduced to someone."

I nodded my head and kept fidgeting with my dress. About twenty minutes later I heard a car door shut and the doorbell ringing. I got up to answer it and was face to face with Jace, who was sporting a black button-down shirt and black dress pants.

"Wow! Cassidee, you look amazing." Jace smiled at me.

"Thank you. Come in."

He walked in and waved to my dad, who smiled and waved back.

"Hey, Jace. So how long are you guys intending to stay out?"

"It's over at eight, so we won't be out late."

"Just keep an eye on her. Have a good time."

"Will do. Ready?"

I nodded my head and walked out the door, heading over to the car. Jace opened my door for me and I got in and fastened my seatbelt. Jace got in shortly after, starting the car, and drove off to where the reception was being held.

We pulled up to the banquet hall and walked in, Jace taking my hand in his. I lightly smiled at our hands and felt more at ease.

"Don't be nervous," Jace whispered. "My family is going to adore you."

We walked in and immediately Jace was mobbed by various relatives of his family. He tightly held onto my hand as three older women kissed his cheek repeatedly.

"Okay! Well, I need to go and see my parents!" Jace said, breaking away from them.

"Well aren't you a ladies' man." I giggled as we walked to a table.

Jace rolled his eyes, smiling and we came up to an older couple, the woman having the same dark brown hair as Jace and the man being pretty tall.

"Mom, Dad? This is Cassidee, my date."

"Hello, nice to meet you both." I smiled.

"So this is Cassidee? Jace has said so much about you. I'm Susan and this is my husband David." She introduced.

I smiled, shaking both of their hands, and sat down after Jace pulled it out for me.

Well, that wasn't too bad.

************************

After everyone was served dinner and the couple had their first dance, everyone else had moved to the dance floor.

I had my arms draped over Jace's shoulders, his hands on my waist as we danced to a slow song.

"Your parents are nice, especially your mom, she's friendly."

"I'm counting the days until graduation, then freedom." He smiled. "My mom can be a little too much."

"Ha! She should meet my dad and they can go bowling together."

"The day your parents meet mine will be the greatest thing in history to ever happen. My dad will grumble and my mom will probably faint." Jace laughed.

"I doubt that our parents will ever cross paths."

"They could, perhaps at a restaurant, eating lunch?"

"What did you do?"

"Both our parents are having lunch tomorrow. My parents are interested in meeting your family."

Oh god! Has Jace lost his damn mind? I can only imagine the disaster that's going to happen.

Ooh!! What do you guys think is gonna happen when the two families meet?
Cassidee's dress up top---->