Chapter: 36 A Moment Ruined

Chapter: 36

Rosemary's POV:

I was sitting in a tree as my mind kept going around and around with Connor. My cheeks felt warm as I couldn't believe what I said and what had almost happened. I quickly left the manor as I knew Connor came back late last night and was still sleeping. I sat here thinking and thinking how stupid I was to even ask that question. I don't think I could face Connor now. What the hell was I thinking? I shook my head trying to erase of what I had said from my mind last night. 

It was foolish of me to ask that and now what will Connor think? Did I went to far last night? My stomach was twisting itself into knots as I was worry if I ruin the friendship or not. I can't face Connor today, I can't. I don't want to see the look of awkwardness on his face or hear the words of rejection. I shouldn't have let myself fallen for him. It was so stupid of me! My ears pick the sound of rustling bushes and I look down waiting to see who it is. My heart was beating uncontrollably as I was scared who it was. The bushes rustle some more and it was just a pretty red fox coming out of the bushes. 

I let out a sigh of relief, but it was two let as Connor came and kill it. I let out a surprise screech as I fell over hanging upside down. I heard Connor burst into laughter and I was wide eye as I look at him strangely. This is the first time that I heard Connor laughing and it sound like music to my ears. My heart started racing in my chest as I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. 

 "Are you okay?" Connor said as he was breathless. 

I was blushing uncontrollably as there was a loud cracking sound and I look to see the branch beginning to crack. I let out a scream as I end falling through the branches and landed in Connor's arms. "Now, I am..." I sheepishly grin at him.

Connor let out a sigh as he gave me a warm smile as I felt like something had change between us. Was it because of what had happen last night? Is that why he is acting differently than his usual self? I don't really know, but I guess it's kind of nice to know that maybe he has the same feelings like I do. It's so hard trying to figure out if he does or not, especially with how serious he can be sometimes. All he does, is going out on his missions and keeps me protected from harm's way. At least he tries to...

He put me down on my own two feet as we stood there looking at each other as we didn't speak at all. My heart was hammering away in my chest as I didn't know what to do or what to say. He gently cup my cheek with his hand as I felt myself freeze up. My cheeks felt like they were burning once again as he lean in closer to me. My lips parted slightly for him as the heavy air surround us as it felt like we had no control of what was going to happen.

He hesitate a little as he was unsure and I waited as I didn't want to rush what was about to happen. He seem to come to a resolve as he step closer to me as his lips came ever so close to mine. I wanted to reach up and wrap my arms around his neck, but I fear that if I did he would pull away from me. I didn't want that to happen and I didn't want to scare him by doing that. Our lips were so close to each others that our breath was mingling with one another's, but of course like last time.

There was a rustle in the bushes and I was on the ground in a couple of seconds with the air knock out of my lungs. Connor was standing there looking furious as I realize what had happen. Benjamin was there over me as I was confused. Benjamin got up from being on top of me "Ah...sorry, I didn't know that you were with her Connor. I thought she was alone in my line of vision"

Connor asked as I could tell he was annoyed "What is it that you want, Benjamin?"

"I want to know when we are going to do our missions that we have to do..." Benjamin answered as he got right down to business.

Connor came over to help me up from the ground and help me dust off as I shot Benjamin a glare. He gave me a smirk as Connor said "We'll go, when it's the right time. We can't be just going off foolishly and end up being there at the wrong time. We will lose the element of surprise and we won't have a plan when it comes to it. You should know this by now, Benjamin"

"What can a man say? I was just asking..." Benjamin shrugged.

I was irritated with him always ruining every moment between Connor and I. He was about to kiss me right then and there. Benjamin walk away as Connor let out a sigh "Come...I was looking for you earlier, Rose"

I nodded as I follow Connor back to the manor with a great feeling of disappointment. Is Connor re-thinking of his actions earlier? I really hope not, but I can't even voice my feelings much less my opinions. So...I guess I will just have to wait a little longer than what I really was hoping for. Maybe, it was just bad timing...

Ah...who am I kidding?

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D