Chapter: 85 "Goodbye, Father."

Chapter: 85

Connor's POV:

I stumble through the opening and out in the area as I shouted, "Where are you, Charles...?"

The fire was raging and it was a disaster, but it looks bare as I look around. Breathing hard as I held my injured side where I had taken the most damage. Benjamin and Rosemary were out. I have to do this for them. They had come all this way here for me and Rosemary too. I put Rose in danger. I put her in danger where she shouldn't be. She should have stayed at the homestead with Achilles especially in his last moments, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. She would have followed me either way. There was no stopping her at all. Not when she was determined. 

Now, here we are in this danger that I put them in. I lend on a barrel to support my weight as a very familiar voice answer my question, "Gone."

I turn around just as my father came rushing toward me and at first, I had managed to duck, but then it was hand-to-hand combat against father and son. Right to the stomach, to the neck, the stomach again and the face. He taunted me, "Where is Rose? I thought she'll be here with you."

"Not in this situation. She is not." I growled out at him.

He slugged me in my cheek as I return the gesture to him. I managed to twist his arm behind his back, but he still managed to taunt me again, "Come now, you cannot hope to match me, Connor. For all your skills, you're still a boy- with so much left to learn."

I took a dagger out as I let him go and in my fit of rage, I sunk it deep into his arm as my father scream out. I demanded of him in a high strangled voice, "Give me Lee."

I was in a crouch with another dagger in my hand as my father pulled out the one that had sunk into his arm. He replied in that ever so calm voice of his that grind my nerves, "Impossible. He's the promise of a better future. The sheep need a shepherd."

As I roll my eyes at him, he added, "Even if you and Rose were to defeat him now, I wouldn't let the two of you do that."

"You leave Rose out of this!" I growled out while snapping right back at him, "He has been dismissed and censure. He can't do anything for you now."

"A temporary setback. He will be restored." My father promises as he put his arm down and I struggle to stand against my father. I could hear the bell ringing and I knew that Rose and Benjamin were safe and were cover. She was safe and that was what I care about right now. It was her. Always her. He withdrew his sword and pointed it at me.

I withdrew my hatchet as I knew this was going to be the last stand between my father and me. He swung first and I knew he was more resilient than the others, but I will make due with things around me. He won't win against me that is for sure. Spewing crap about how I don't have the right to judge and other things like that. I block, but he counters as he moved swifter even for a person of his age. He was still wicked with a blade and knew moves that I didn't.

"...to declare me and my wrong for the world." Haytham was saying and I wanted him to shut up. He knew he was wrong and that it was wrong what he was doing. I manage to throw him into a barrel as he was spewing more crap about something that I didn't care about. No, he was going down whether he like it or not. He did harm my people. Charles Lee murdered my mother and set my village on fire. He was going to pay and so was my father. 

I managed to do it again and brought him down, but he got back up swinging his sword at me. This time he spews out, "If we weren't in a truce, that girl would have seen her last days. She isn't fit for this kind of life. All she is a woman!"

Rage wash over me even as I was in no condition to fight, Rosemary was the best thing that had happened to me. I shove my father into another barrel and use my foot to shove him through it. "Shut up!" I rasped out as I back away as my father got back up onto his feet again, but much slower this time. I led him over to another table as he swung and I block, but he manages to pull a dirty trick and swung with his left hook. We fell against a table and I use the bottle to smash it over my father's head as it shatters into pieces.