Chapter: 16 Boston

Chapter: 16

Rosemary's POV: 

We stop for the night as Connor help me down from sliding down off of the horse. I was kind of nervous as I felt his hands on my waist and not only that, but being out in the frontier again. My shoulder had heal up quite well. I had bandages on under my top garment, but that was because they want to make sure it heal up the right way. Connor tied the reins to a low branch so the horses won't go off on their own in the middle of the night. I went to the middle of clearing as the sun was sinking lower in the sky.

My stomach tighten as I look into the forest that surrounded us on both sides. I'm okay...Connor is here with me. I'm fine. Nothing is going to hurt us. Connor came over to me and touch my shoulder "Are you okay, Rose?" 

I nodded "Yeah. I'm fine" 

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get some firewood so we can have light out here" He said passing me. 

I didn't want him to leave me here by myself, but I just went over and sat down on a tree stump. I watch him disappearing into the woods by himself. I was nervous for him to leave me here, but I reassure myself that he won't be gone that long. He'll be right back as he said. I was beginning to doubt him, but I shook myself. No, I won't let my fear get in the way. I don't want to act weak in front of him. I want to have courage and not be fearful of coming back into the wilderness after getting attack by wolves. I shiver as I remember the horrible memory of being attack and the sharp teeth of the wolf that bitten into my shoulder. 

A sigh escape from me as I slowly began to relax as I was still feeling tense, but not so much now. I look around realizing how beautiful everything was under the waning moon. It was a beautiful sight to see and I have never been in this area before. I have never been to Boston, Massachusetts or New York. I know though that we'll be going to Boston because he has some work to do there and then go out to the bridge for the fight of Concord and Lexington. I really don't want to see the deaths of the redcoats or the patriots. I can't handle blood really well or death for that matter. 

I look over to the horses as a smile spread across my lips. I must admit though I can smell so much green than my time. I can feel that it's peaceful and quiet. I can't believe that some of this will turn into small town's or cities. I hate that people will take this away from the natives. It's their home to so why couldn't anyone agreed that they should lived together peacefully. I guess white men wanted more and to throw people out who didn't look like them. It's unfair and not right. 

Everything is going to change over time and then where would the Indians go? Where would Connor go? What happens when everything is done here? When will I disappear from this world? I know my time is short here and so many things is going to happen when I'm here. I want to see my family that is probably worry sick, but I know that they won't find me there at all. I'm here in this world and they are in the 21st century. So I'm stuck here whether I like it or not... 

My ears pick up the sound of a twig snapping behind me and I look behind me to see Connor coming out of the forest area. He had a bundle of sticks in his arms as he sat it down on the ground and somehow started a fire. It was too dark for me to see what he did and the sudden bright light blinded me. Connor came over to me and asked softly "Sorry...I didn't mean to take so long, Rose" 

"It's okay, Connor. I didn't move or anything from where I am" I said giving him a reassuring smile. 

"I didn't say you had to stay in one place, but then again that's good that you did. I didn't want you to wander off" He murmured as he look down at me.

I felt my cheeks beginning to burn as I gaze up at him as he broke the eye contact and sat down next to my legs. I felt his shoulder touching my leg and for some reason I stiffen from his touch. It felt warm and soft at the same time. It felt solid. He felt solid to me and I just now realize that. How can this be real? I don't understand any of this at all still. I'm here to help him in his mission. How can someone like me do that? How can I help someone like him? Where do I even start?