Chapter: 43 Personal Matters

Chapter: 43

Connor's POV:

I had seen someone run this way and I follow the person as I recognized it as a woman. She was dressed differently as I didn't recognize her outfit at all. I had follow her out into the forest area as I look around not seeing her anywhere. My eyes scan the area around me as I didn't see her at all and I thought I must be seeing things, but I know what I saw. I shook my head as I better head back to our meeting spot. I'm sure Rosemary is looking around for me and I don't want her to think that I had run off. I look around me slowly one more time, before heading back to Boston.

It was strange in seeing her there and then taking off. I wonder what she was doing, but she had disappeared from my sight. It is dark. So, I couldn't see her well enough and I didn't see her anywhere else. A sigh escape from me, but I was more worried about Rosemary than I was of the woman that I thought I saw. The harbor was in my sight again as I walk forward between the houses and walk to the meeting place. I look around me to see the harbor was deserted except for some stragglers here and there. My heart clench in my chest as I didn't see Rosemary anywhere. Where is she? Why isn't she here?

The feeling of dread enter me as I look around as I didn't see her anywhere. My mind was beginning to think of all the possible scenarios that could have happened to Rose. My heart was pumping wildly in my chest as I felt scared. I shouldn't have left her alone! How foolish can I be?! That was wrong of me to do so and now Rosemary isn't here at all. I walk down the harbor looking around for clues on where she could be. Maybe she left something around here and I can follow her or whoever took Rosemary. I can't believe I was gone and she had to disappeared. Why can't anything ever go right for once? It always has to be something!

*********************************************

Rosemary's POV:

We continue to run down the street as I was with Benjamin. It was Benjamin who had cover my mouth and move me away from the area. Apparently, there were black coat Templars coming to get him. He got his grandmother to safety as they had broken into the Inn, but she was all right. He told me this was his father's doing, but I guess I can see why all of this is suddenly going down. I can't believe this is all new and wasn't in the game. It's like everyone here as their own lives and actually living them, which is not surprising at all. It is different to see everything so alive and I'm actually here.

We turn around a corner and just my luck. I end up slipping on ice and with how fast we were going. I slid right into a tree as I notice the church tower standing there. At least I know where we are now. My eyes widen as I let out a yelp as a bundle of snow fell on top of me and I curl up in a ball. The wet snow fell down on top of me as I felt the water sinking into my clothes. It was cold! I rose up from the heavy wet snow as Benjamin was there as he help me up from the ground. He wasn't laughing at all and I saw the guys that were still after us-well him. I'm just mix up in this and it's all because of him.

My entire body was cold and my chest hurt from running in this snow. I felt like my clothes were becoming stiff as I know the wetness was freezing and it was cold against my skin. I should be warm, but I'm actually freezing in this. I can't believe Benjamin got us into this mess! I don't really blame him though as it was his father. I really must have been sleeping or something when Benjamin had told Connor about who he is and everything. Benjamin grabbed my hand as we skidded around another corner and this time we end going between the houses. We came to a stop as he open the doors that lead into the tunnels.

I went in there first as he came down after me. He close the doors behind us as we went a little further into the tunnel that was pitch black. We couldn't turn on any of the lanterns at all because it would give us away. My entire body was shaking as the whole left side of my body felt like it was completely covered in ice. My fingers felt stiff and my entire face was as well. This is exactly why I don't like the cold at all. We heard the men's voice up above us as we instinctively lower ourselves to the ground and it hurt to move my body. The only thing we could hear was our fast breaths coming out of our mouths.