Chapter: 80 Serious Business

Chapter: 80

Rosemary's POV:

We were downstairs as Connor was teaching me some techniques that would help against his father if we were to ever run into him again. My mind hasn't been on training or his father. It has been on me leaving and Achilles as well. The man who was now sleeping peacefully upstairs. It made me think about it more and more. That my time here was getting closer and closer to the point where I would have to go back to my time era. I still haven't told Connor or about Benjamin's kiss either along with his confession. Surprisingly, we had received a letter saying that he was at his father's place looking through some of his notes and visiting his mother's grave as well. 

Connor spoke with a deep sigh, "Rose, you are not focusing. I need you to focus." I could hear the annoyance in his voice, but also he was worried as well.

While taking a step away from him, I rubbed my face while letting out my own frustrated sigh. "I am sorry. Okay?" I snapped at him.

Connor gave me a look, but before we could discuss anything more. There was a soft call coming from upstairs and we both share a look before. Connor spoke while pointing his finger at me, "We'll talk about this later." 

I only rolled my eyes as Connor walk over to the staircase, I follow after him. We head upstairs to see what the call was. My heart squeezes painfully in my chest knowing that Achilles was in his final days. It was not going to be pleasant at all when he passes. My eyes widen to see one of the Irish wives standing there and that french man that was with the Patriots along with George Washington. Washington had lost Connor's trust and it was his mistake of letting Charles Lee go. It was mainly all of his father's fault and I have told Connor what his father had told me after he had left. 

The French man made a bow while taking my hand, "Madame, it's a pleasure to meet the lover of this wonderful man." 

All right. He is French and his accent was thick, but he had a way with his words. A soft smile spread across my lips while feeling my cheeks warm up as he presses a kiss to my knuckles. Connor growled while jerking my hand away from his, "That's enough. Do you have news or not?"

The French Man smirk at Connor in an amusing way, but he got down to business, "The Comte Grasse says yes. You need only join his fleet in the Chesapeake Bay and they will serve as required. But what exactly is it you intend?"

Connor spoke while taking my hand in his, "It's better if I show you." Connor motions for him to follow us as Connor lead the way back down the stairs and I knew what he was going to show him. This part was another one that I was dreading. Achilles told him that his father and Charles Lee needed to be murdered. Connor hopes that his father would change after Charles Lee was gone, but I agreed with Achilles. He would start a new Templar group or do something else which wouldn't be good for any of us at all. It made me a little nervous about the whole thing. It wasn't something that I was looking for to at all.

The French Man was surprised to see the portraits of the men that were already gone and buried. We went over to a small table in the corner as Connor began to execute his plan to the man that was gracing us with his presence. "Charles Lee may have been dismissed, but that doesn't mean we are safe." 

Motier look over at me, "Will she be joining us on this journey of ours?"

Before Connor could say anything, I interject with a nod of my head, "Yes, I am."

Motier nodded his head, "Excellent. That should make this much easier then."

"You are not going." Connor ignores Motier while looking at me with an angry expression, but in his dark brown eyes held fear.