Chapter: 11 Out of Place

Chapter: 11

Rosemary's POV: 

I was still sitting up on the rooftop feeling helpless and lonely. I lost my control last night of trying to keep my tears at bay and now I'm all dry up and can't seem to cry anymore. The sun had risen and the birds were chirping away. I felt lost and didn't know what to do. I mean...what could I do? I'm here probably a burden to Connor and Achilles with no experience on how to do anything. I don't know why I'm still here. My shoulder is probably heal now, but who knows? Because, I certainly don't. I don't know what to do... 

What am I going to do? That's all I have been thinking is what I'm going to do. I still haven't come to a conclusion in what I'm going to do, but I guess I have to come up with something. I mean...I'm going to train under Connor, but I don't know the first thing about defending myself. My sister always says that I'm not a fighter. I couldn't hit someone even if I try. What's the point in making me an assassin when I have a heart and I don't want to kill people? Do I even have to kill those people that Connor hunts down? What about when we meet his father? A shiver goes down my spine as I let out a sigh... 

I heard a door open and I jump, but didn't squeal or anything. I scooted closer to the edge to look down, but it wasn't that door that I heard. I look behind me as I heard a soft thump on the roof top and saw dark brown hair. I turn my attention to the view once more. It's Connor...oh no...what am I going to do? What am I going to say to him? What about the training? I felt nervous as I heard him coming closer to me. My shoulders were tense and my gut was churning at the possible things that I was thinking of. 

Connor sat down next to me as I look over at him a little surprise as he look over at me. We didn't say anything to each other as Connor study with those unreadable dark brown eyes of his. Connor asked after a moment of silence "Are you okay?" 

I nodded as I fake a smile at him "Yes, I'm fine." 

He look at me as he let out a sigh "I don't like it when someone lies to me, Rose" 

"What do you mean?" I asked even though it was stupid of me to do so.

He gave me a hard look and I instantly freeze as I wait for him to snap at me, but he said in his calm voice "Your cheeks have tear streaks and your eyes are a little puffy...like you have been crying" 

I look away from him my smiling disappearing as I was so close on the verge of a breakdown once more. I hold it in as best as I could, but I don't know how much I can with him. Connor shares blood with me, we may not be family in tribe way, but we are somewhat relative to one another. He asked more softly "I don't mean to pry if I am, but what has been bothering you?"

I frown as I avoided looking at him "It's nothing...Connor" 

"It sure doesn't seem to be nothing..." Connor said with a sigh as he look away from me as well.

I kept quiet just like I always do when I don't want to talk about anything. I'm not good at expressing my feelings to others. I always feel like I'm being a burden to them and I don't want to be a burden to anyone. I want to figure it out on my own...I have been on my own for quite some time now. So it shouldn't even be that difficult to figure out what I'm going to do. Right...I'm kidding myself. I have been up almost all night before dawn and at the beginning of the morning. 

"So when did you get up, Rose?" Connor asked. 

"Sometime before dawn..." I answered shrugging as I look over at him.

He lets out a sigh as he look at me "You're going to be extremely exhausted after today..."

"Why? What are we going to do?" I asked a little worry and confused.

"Whatever is bothering you is surely blocking your mind from important things...what I'm talking about is your training, Rose" Connor answer with an annoyed look at me.

I made a face at him as I asked with a grim expression "What are we going to do for my training?" 

"Teaching you on how to fight of course...and learning the creed of an Assassin that we live by" He answered my question once again. 

I grimace as I was worry about the fighting part and I was a little scared to go up against Connor. I didn't realized he was studying me again as I look back over at him as he murmured "You're scared, aren't you?"

I shook my head refusing to look weak as I gave him a determined look "No, I'm not."

The corners of his lips began to twitch uncontrollably again as there was a slight smirk trying to show up on his face as he said "Well...let's get started then. Shall we get going, Rose?"

I nodded even though I was scared of what was going to happen. This is going to be so embarrassing.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D