Chapter: 35 Moment

Chapter: 35

Connor's POV:

A sigh escape from me as I look down at Rosemary who was sleeping on the bed. I stay with her as I was laying down next to her, but my back was up against the wall a little. There was space between us and I just watch her sleep. I know for sure that I'm starting to feel something through this woman who had come into my life. I never thought I'll meet a woman like her and with everything that we had gone through. She is a very strong woman just like Norris said. She and Myriam could be sisters if they really wanted to.

She had me scared me to death today. I thought something had happen to her and I could never forgive myself if she had gotten herself injured. It was Benjamin's fault that this had happen. If it weren't for him, maybe she would have stay here and wander off into the frontier or something.

A strange sensation spread through me as I remember her arms around me. It had felt warm and quite nice. It was the most affectionate thing she had done. It's strange to suddenly feel like this, but I don't know if I could go forward with these feelings of mine. What shall I do?

I look over to her as I could see she was awake. My eyes widen a little as she smile sleepily at me. The corners of my lips began to twitch and I let a small smile show.

Now, her dark brown eyes widen a little as she wasn't use to seeing me like this. At least I think that's why. She sat up gently and I place a hand on the small of her back to help a little. She gave me a look, but there was a smile still on her lips.

She turn her attention to me "What were you thinking, Connor?"

I look away from her "Nothing..."

I felt embarrassed that I have been caught thinking about her. She doesn't know it, but she is a smart woman. Rose may figure it out or not. I slowly look over at her to see she was prop against the bed like I was.

She look over at me "Thank you for everything that you have done for me, Connor"

I was confused as I gave her my full attention "You're welcome?"

She chuckled "I'm not leaving, if that was what was confusing you, Connor."

My cheeks were burning as I look away from her again. She chuckle again and a small smile work its way onto my lips. "How do you feel?"

She answered "I feel much better than earlier..."

I look over at her again and she was looking fully at me. I realized her cheek was bruise from when the guy had struck her. I didn't realized what I was doing, until my fingers touch her cheek softly. She grimace from the bruise as I murmured "I made sure he had pay for laying a hand on you"

She look at me as I look back at her as our eyes lock with each others. We had inch closer together as I heard her murmured as our breathes began to mingle with one anothers. She whispers softly "Can I kiss you, Connor?"

I was going to say yes as our lips got a little closer with each other's. There was a knock on the door as we broke away from each other. I got up as her cheeks were red. I answered the door to see who it was and it was Achilles.

"Connor, there is a storm beginning to brew outside. Will you check the horses and make sure to put them in the stalls?" He asked.

I nodded "Of course"

Achilles nodded "Good, I shall see you in the morning then"

I watch him retreat to his room as I look back over at Rose. She was smiling at me and I smile back "I'll be right back, Rose"

Rose nodded "Okay"

I went outside and smile a little at how she ask permission from me. A chuckle escape my lips as I hurry to the stables.

Comment, vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

First chapter on a phone and I was doing this while being stuck at the Chicago airport and half on the plane. I went in and edit everything that I mispelled and everything else. So, now it should be okay. I apologize again for the horrible spelling, I blame it all on my phone! xD haha

Thank you!