Chapter: 70 Endless Problems

Chapter: 70

Rosemary's POV: 

It has been a week now and there was no sign of Benjamin anywhere at all. No one knows where he had disappeared to and I was worried. Connor assured me that he'll return on his own and to give him space. I knew to trust Connor because he was speaking out from his personal experience. Connor had trained me a little more and it took my mind off of the problems that we were dealing with together. Our training was relentless and he wasn't going easy on me, nonetheless, I got back up on my feet every time that I was knock down. 

We lay on our backs on the ground with our hands intertwine. My mind spinning with everything and what was going to surely happen at the end. This was going to be difficult for me and Connor. Mostly him. He's going to be devastated once he learns that I'm not from this time era. Also, I can't bring myself to tell him. I don't want to know what his expression is going to be.

It was quiet between us, but we knew that we can't be laying here doing absolutely anything. Haytham already wants Connor to aid him in another mission. If I'm right about this one than this is going to hurt Connor badly. The thing was, should I go along with him or do I stay here? I didn't get to mull over the questions anymore when a pair of soft lips touch mine.

My eyes close on their own as my lips return his kiss. Butterflies going through my stomach as he pulled away from me. His lips curling into a faint smile. The sun shining down on him and making him look like a young man. A smile spread across my lips as my hands brush against his cheeks. The softness of his skin against mine and how warm his cheeks were.

"Whatever happens. I will be here with you." Connor grabbed my hand in his and pressed a kiss to my palm.

All I did was nodded to him and he brought his lips down to mine. Slowly, he presses his lips against mine. My hands sliding away from his hands to his chest and then to neck. My fingers curling around and slipping them into his dark brown hair. Our lips mingling with each other's as out our bodies were pressed together. There was a knock on the door and it open from the top of the staircase. Connor let go of me and let out a sigh before getting to his feet

He helps me up from the ground and my muscles were protesting from laying on the ground. That included losing to Connor as well and managing to win, but barely. Connor brought me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. Slowly, he brought his lips to mine and kiss me quite passionately. It was surprising but at the same time. It shows me how much he cares for me. It was the perfect moment and I was seriously glad to have met him. I don't want to leave, but I know the inevitable was coming sooner than later. 

*)*

No sign of Benjamin yet. A sigh escapes from me as this was not good at all, but Connor was here. He had reassured me again that he'll come back sooner than later. We have to go and meet with his father again. He was tense and I was as well. This was making me nervous and I don't want anything to happen to us again, but I know something was going to happen. It also does for some reason. It doesn't make any sense except for one and that was because of my presence here. A soft sigh escapes from me and this was going to make me beyond nervous.

What am I going to do about this situation? I'm not sure, but I have to trust Connor. I have complete faith in him and that's all there is. Some of the tension left my shoulders and I relax more in the saddle. Our horses were moving slowly through the trail and we had to be there by dark. The sun was still high in the sky, so, we still have some time left to make it there. Connor had been quiet and not talking much. His thoughts were somewhere else and he felt a little distant to me right now, but I didn't mind. 

I know Connor had a lot to think over and that was okay. The scenery was beautiful to look at and I was okay with not talking. I was in my own thoughts as well. Benjamin was an annoyed person, but he didn't deserve to have his grandmother murdered. It had been at least a week before we had last seen Benjamin and since his grandmother had passed away. It made my heart ache more in my chest. She was a sweet old lady and it was wrong for someone to do that to her. It was beyond cruel. Then again, I am living in this era where women didn't have a say in anything. 

It made me angry because of that but at the same time. It drove me to strive and make a difference here. Connor knows that the wrath of a woman is not taken lightly at all. He knew that first hand and to not cross paths with me at all when I am angry. He still does but knows how to diffuse me quickly which is quite surprising for someone who was a hot-head at times. A slight smirk was tugging at my lips and I wanted to giggle, but that would bring me attention from Connor. That would not go over well at all. I kept my lips together from bursting into a fit of giggles and continue to look around the frontier. 

It was beautiful out here and I wish that someday we could be laying down on the grass together. Enjoying the warm sunshine. A soft smile spread across my lips and it would be heaven. Just us. Nothing to worry about. No problems. Connor would never want to leave ever, but I know those days don't come without getting our problems out of the way first. At the moment, we don't have the luxury of doing those types of things at all. 

We ended up taking a break and Connor went for a walk. He was looking more and more gloomy by the minute. It made feel sad and he didn't say anything to me at all, but I won't push him. My eyes went back to the horses and I slowly began to brush their manes. I didn't follow him at all and I was beginning to worry about him, but he didn't want to talk at all. He was making me worry and I didn't like that at all. I hate when he makes me worry, but I do the same thing to him too. So, I guess we are kind of even, but I can see why now.

I walk over to the middle of the clearing and sat down on a rock. My eyes look up into the sky and the clouds were lazily moving through it. My thoughts swirl around my head and I wonder what we are going to do, but also what am I going to do. The end is coming quickly and I'm getting nervous. I haven't been sleeping well and I have been restless. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am wanting to stay here. I am willing to give up my normal life to live with him, but I have a deep feeling that wasn't going to happened at all. It was confusing me and I don't know if I could stay here with him. I want to...

Connor came back and looking less gloomy, but his eyes held a sorrow to them. I was confused and worry. He notice that I was looking at him with concern and he walk over to him. His arms opening up and his pace becoming quicker by the minute. In a couple of seconds, his arms came around me. A shudder went through him and my eyes widen to him. My arms came around him and I began to soothe him. I wasn't quite sure what was wrong, but I whispered softly, "I am here for you, Connor."

"I know." He murmured quietly and hold me tightly against. I didn't know what else to say and the silence was stretching between us. I couldn't say anything more. Not wanting to get into another argument or saying something that might cause whatever he was feeling to become worse. A deep sigh escape from his lips and it sent a shiver down my back, but it made me curious. What did he see on his walk? 

I don't know, but he'll tell me eventually. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?! 

So, I'm so sorry that I took forever in writing this. I started my first semester of my program and I have been having a lot of homework. It has paid off and I am a tutor for the director of the Graphic Designs Program that I am in right now. My instructors are fantastic and I completely adore them. My work has paid off and I'm receiving A's now and I have to maintain until December 14th. My classes keep me so busy especially with homework that I have no time to write at all. It frustrates me to no end that I can't get chapters out fast now and with this one. I ended up having a writer's block again. So, that wasn't fun to break through. I even had a drawing block as well. So, everything is going well, but not so well. And, I deeply apologize to you guys for not writing so much as I use to.

Thank you! :D