Chapter: 62 Haytham Kenway

Chapter: 62

Rosemary's POV:

We had arrive in New York and was walking through the streets. Connor has been jumping at every sound and it was strange for him to be so on edge. The reason was obvious and it was because of me. I wouldn't even be doing this right now, if it weren't with him. A shiver went through me and I don't whether to feel fear or curious. Then again, we are meeting Connor's enemy- much less his father.

A sigh escape from me, but it was low enough that Connor didn't hear it. We were arriving at the docking area of New York, where his father would be meeting us. I do wonder why he waited this long to finally meet us, but it doesn't matter now. I'm sure we'll get through this like we always do. I took a deep breath and slow my pace to a halt.

Connor walk a little further ahead, but my fear was overcoming my curiosity. My hands were shaken and all I could remember that had happened before is going to happen with us. I need to settle myself before got g forward. "Are you okay?" Connor asked and I realized he had came back. He must have notice that I wasn't walking with him.

"I'm fine." I answered.

He gave me a dubious look, but didn't say anything. All he did was take my hand in his and raise it to his lips. He murmured, "I won't let anything hurt you, my love."

I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. He smile back at me before we continued to walk down the street together. We can get through this together. Connor won't let anything happen to me and I won't let anything happen to him. My mind was running with a million thoughts on how this is going to turn out, but I'm sure it will probably be the same. I do wonder if Benjamin's father is actually working with Connor's father, but that one is still unknown to me.

The harbor was busy as usual and we look around the area. We didn't see his father anywhere and it set my nerves twisting themselves together. Connor lead me further down the harbor and I follow him. My eyes were scanning the area around us making sure we didn't have any surprises waiting for us. We'll be ready if there is one, but so far it doesn't looks that way.

My heart was beating a mile a minute as we came to a brief stop. Connor's hands balled up into fists and I do know why. The man was sitting on a bench causally, but knowing his surroundings quite well. He was dangerous whether he was sitting or walking away. He did look a little bit different than in the game, but age did catch up with him. I let out a sigh before we walk over to him. I do wonder if I'm tagging along only for this man to approve me for Connor. That would only pissed me off to no end.

Haytham stood up and I remind myself to act dumb. He murmured with a smirk on his lips, "It's nice to see you, son."

Connor growled out lowly between his clench teeth, "I'm not your son."

Haytham rolled his eyes, but landed on me instead. He gave a look over with his calculated eyes before giving a slight nod, "This must be the woman that I am hearing so much about."

He extended his hand and I hesitantly reach out with my hand. I was watching him with every movement and took his hand. He shook my hand and realize how firm they were. A formal greeting and I wish he had never done that, but I can't say anything. Connor seem to be watching his every movement and spoke quietly, "This is my lover Rosemary Harding."

Haytham look up surprised and asked, "So, it would seem."

Connor seem irked, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It was merely an observant, son." Haytham gave a smirk again.

Connor was agitated again and I could tell that his father was only doing that on purpose. As far as I can tell. Haytham cleared his throat, "But enough of that, I only ask you to come because I proposing a truce."