Chapter: 27 Forgiven

Chapter: 27

Rosemary's POV: 

Night had fallen as I was sitting up on top of the roof enjoying the warm night. I could tell the trees were losing their leaves and I don't know how many days it has been. I have this feeling that after tonight it's going to get cold. The weather is going to start changing and I really don't want to see how the snow is here. I hate the snow and always have. A sigh escape from me as I look out into the night to see that everything was peaceful.

I haven't seen Connor at all today, but I guess he was busy with Norris as I was busy with Myriam. When I got back to the manor, Connor wasn't there at all. He must have still been with Norris and I just arrive here first. My neck hurts from all the stress and crap that went on. I rub the back of my neck as I put my head down. Everything has been extremely exhausting and all I want to do is go home. This is not my home nor is it my time era. I miss chatting with my friends and actually hearing my grandma yelling at the top of her lungs about something.

A deep ache spread through me as I miss my siblings and the rest of my family. My family might be split up right now, but were still happy as we can be. I miss them and I don't know when I will be going back to them. I want to go home right now, because all I'm doing for Connor is causing him trouble. I'm not helping out with his mission or doing anything else. I shook my head as I look up once more before running my fingers through my hair.

A figure sat down next to me and I jump as I scoot away from them. I realize it was Connor and he had his hood down now. There was a smirk forming on his lips, but it quickly went away as he asked "Rose...I think we need to talk"

Myriam's word came flowing back into my mind as I nodded, but didn't say anything. He was surprise, but didn't say anything at first. I'm guessing because he was waiting for me to lash out at him. "So...to began with...Rose. All I was doing was giving you experience...nothing more and nothing less. I didn't know those men would come after you...I would have protected you at all cost."

I nodded again as I look over at him and he took my hand in his as he murmured "I'm sorry, Rose. Will you please forgive me?"

I look down at his hand that was on holding mine hand and I felt my heart starting to beat faster in my chest. I look up at him as I murmured giving his hand a gentle squeeze "Yes, Connor. I forgive you..."

He let out a sigh of relief as I added on "I'm sorry for everything that I said..."

"Don't be sorry, Rose. You had every right in saying what you said..." He murmured giving me a small smile.

I felt my cheeks burn as I look over at him and smile back. He said softly "I will protect you no matter and I will stand by your side until all of this is over"

My cheeks burn as I saw a fierce look in his eyes as my heart accelerate even faster in my chest. My stomach fill with butterflies and my chest swell with a warm emotion. I grin "I think that is the nicest thing you have said to me, Connor"

Connor look away as I could tell he was embarrassed as I laugh quietly. He look back over at me slowly with a smile pulling at his lips "I guess it was..."

I chuckle some more before turning my attention back to the night sky as Connor said quietly "We should get some rest...we are going to have a very long day tomorrow..."

"You're counting me in now, Connor?" I asked raising an eyebrow as I look back over at him.

Connor chuckle as there was a smirk spreading across his lips "Yes...after all I'm going to be training you to climb"

My face expression fell as I groan "I can't climb well..."

"That's why you're going to need your sleep, Rose" Connor said as he stood up and hold out his hand for me.

I groan again, but took his hand as it felt nice to place my hand in his. We walk down the roof-top as he still hold onto my hand. He drop first onto the deck and I was going to follow, but he turn around as he lean in. I froze as he place his hands on my waist as he lifted me off of the roof and place me on my feet. We were close as I look into his brown eyes as he look back at me. We were frozen as if time stood still for us. He lean in like he was going to kiss me, but whisper softly "I'm really sorry I put you though that, Rose"

My cheeks burn as I stuttered a little "I-It's okay...I forgive you, Connor"

My eyes widen as the corner of his lips turn up into a full smile and I smile back at him. I think that's a first that I ever seen Connor with a real smile on his face. He drop his hands from my waist as he move pass me to open the balcony door as I follow him into the house. He lead me to my room that I have been sleeping in and as I pass him. He gently grab my elbow and murmur softly as I look up at him "Sleep well...Rose"

I nodded to him "I will, Connor. You get some rest too..."

He nodded to me as he let my arm go and lean in as I felt soft lips against my cheek. My face felt really hot as he retreated back to his room. I close the door feeling giddy like a little school girl. I touch my cheek feeling his lips against my cheek. I smile so big that my cheeks began to hurt. 

Maybe things would work out better than I would have thought... 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D