Chapter: 55 Seeing With Her Own Eyes

Chapter: 55

Rosemary's POV: 

The clearing was peaceful and the sun was warm against my skin that was exposed and not cover up by the robes. I was a little disappointment that he took me here instead of his native tribe. I would like to see it for myself. My curiosity was spiking and I imagine how it would be like, but I highly doubt that I was able to go for being light skin as I am. I may have native blood running through my veins, but I have many other bloodlines running in me as well. The beauty of mix breeding. 

Connor place a kiss on my cheek and I look over at him to see him looking at me fondly. He took my hand in his and murmured "Come. I want to show you something else." 

I was curious in what else he wanted to show, but I guess I will find out soon enough. We walk casually back to the manor and down to where the horses were. Now I am curious in what Connor has in mind. A smile spread across my lips once Connor went over to the stables to get two horses for us. I wait outside for him to retrieve the horses from inside the stables. It didn't take him that long and once they were out. Connor and I began to saddle up the horses together. 

Anywhere with Connor was going to be terrific and I can't wait to see where we are going. I have never been thrilled about anything in my life, but this time I am. There was numerous of places of where he could be taking me, but I have no way of knowing for certain. All I have is wild guesses and hunches that are sometimes right. Not all the time. We finished saddling up the horses and Connor hoist himself up onto the saddle. It was easy for him, but for people who are short like me. It's a little harder for us. It's quite annoying, but I had managed to get into my saddle with my short legs. 

Connor gave me a smirk and I only let out a huff before turning around. He knew my cheeks were turning red from looking like an idiot. It can't be help that I am short. He gets on my nerves sometimes, but I do love the man. We set out for our adventure with the sun beaming down on us. I notice that we were heading out of the Davenport Homestead. So, the place must be somewhere on the outskirts of the Homestead. All there is frontier and landscapes along with small settlements. There wasn't really nothing, but maybe I am missing something. 

He grabbed my hand to reassure my puzzled self. I look over at him and he gave me a faint smile. A smile spread across my own before his hand return to his reins. I will know once we get there. I have total trust in Connor and that involves my heart as well. We went off of the trail and went through the woods instead. My curiosity was brimming to know where we were going, but I know he won't tell me. I look around to see the leaves were beginning to turn colors. Fall was almost here again. I can't believe another season had passed us already. 

My original life was fading away fast and it was beginning to feel like a dream to me, but I know better than that. Everything that I had learn from the Creed has been thrilling and now I'm beginning to question if I ever want to return back to my time or if I just want to stay here with him. Do I even have a choice when everything is over? A sigh escape from me and I look over to see Connor looking over at me with a concerned expression. He asked "Are you okay?" 

I hadn't realized if my face took on any expressions at all and I smile before answering "I'm fine, Connor. Why do you ask?" 

He reach over with his hand and gently took my hand in his "Your feelings were written on your face."

My cheeks began to warm up with him noticing what I was feeling "No, nothing is wrong." 

He squeeze my hand "Okay, were here." 

I look around noticing tall rocks on each side of a large pathway that leads to somewhere. I was curious in what we were doing here, but all of it looks familiar for some reason. He got off of his horse and I follow his lead. Once my feet touch the ground, he took my hand in his and began to lead me down the pathway. We head in the direction that was to our right. I look around hearing the birds tweeting and saw a deer that instantly ran away from us. My eyes widen and a smile spread across my lips. I couldn't believe what I was seeing with my own eyes. 

Connor's lips were twitching at the corners of his mouth and a bashful smile spread across my lips. The more that I learn about this place, the more I'm falling in love being more connected with my heritage. My eyes widen to see the tall logs that were standing and making a fence, but we didn't go down the pathway fully. He lead me over to some other pathway and I was curious in why we didn't go to where he was taking me, but I didn't ask why. The view of his village was getting clearer by the way we were walking up the hill together. It was beautiful. 

We came to a tree and he hoist himself up into it. I let out a sigh, but follow his steps on how to get myself into the tree. We both climb up the tree and I had almost lost my grip on one, but he had caught me. He help me up onto the branch with him and pointed out to his village. It was a little funny in seeing it for myself and not playing it when he was a kid. It was kind of funny in a way, but not really. This place holds his saddest memories and he returns only to talk to his friend that is now the head chief of the village. He had grew into a hot-head as well, but it's understandable to what the white people were doing. 

His people were moving around and doing their daily routines. It truly was a sight to see with my own eyes. He murmured in my ear "I would have taken you into the village, but my friend would assume differently." 

Connor's words turn around in my head and making me turn me turn my head to look at him. I raise an eyebrow up at him and I could see his cheeks were flush red. My eyes widen slightly and suddenly, I realized what he was meaning. He place his hand over my mouth and he knew I was going to say something, but he stop me. He shook his head "Only in time." 

I nodded my head and he remove his hand. He seem a little uncomfortable and I was feeling  a little disappointed, but I didn't say anything. Connor is very shy at somethings, but patient at the same time. He wise when he wants to be and he becomes hot-headed in other things. A sigh escape from me, but it wasn't noticeable to Connor. He wrapped an arm around and pulled me to him. A small smile spread across my lips and I lay my head on his shoulder. My mind instantly went to the short amount of time that I had left here. 

Time wasn't on my side and it never is. Connor may or may not have the chance to stay what he wants to say. It doesn't change anything between us, but only the doom that is over us. Time will ripped me away from this era and I will never be seen again. My heart ache and a wash of sadness came over me. Moments like these are the only times that makes me realize how much I am in love with Connor. I know one day all of this will change and my stay here will come to an end. Hopefully, I do have a choice. 

*****************************************

The visit came to a close and we made our way back to the horses. It was a nice time to enjoy with Connor. I was glad that he had shown me where his tribe had live and even though I do know where they had live in the game. It didn't mean that I could find them all on my own here. That work out great when I first arrived and got lost in this huge wilderness. I learn some secret passages through the woods back to Boston, but that was it. It was my first time going to New York, but that because we had to save Connor from getting hang. Everything in that moment had scared me and the thought of losing him made me realize that my feelings have grown even more for the man.

Now our moment is gone and we will have to return back to the way things were. We were close to ending all of this and meet with his father. Connor's father. I forgot all about him and now I realized what we had to do. We had to go back to New York because of him. How can I be so forgetful? I don't even want to meet with his father, but I may or may not have a choice in the matter. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D