Chapter: 49 Prison and Pain

Chapter: 49

Rosemary's POV: 

Benjamin had listen to Connor and ran away with me in his arms. We had slow down as we were further down the street away from what had happened with Connor and Thomas Hickey. I was stunned from the impact of getting thrown onto a bunch of crates and my body was already feeling bruise. It didn't feel good at all. It stung and I really hate how Thomas Hickey manage to throw me around like a ragged doll. Benjamin had put me down onto my own feet. I wasn't entirely stunned, but he hold onto me just to be safe. I think I had black out for a few seconds earlier, but it was a little hazy. All I remember Connor and meeting his eyes as I was filled with worry about what he was going to do.

We were now waiting for Connor to come back to us and I felt the worried returning back to me. I wasn't liking this one bit. Where could he be? My body was aching from the impact that it had took earlier, but I refuse to give into my pain. I want to know what was going on with Connor. Why are we waiting so long? Benjamin look like he was nervous as he kept pacing and going in circles. He was looking one way then he was looking the other way. He was making me nervous along with being more worried than I was before.  

I asked "What's taking Connor so long?" 

"I believe something went wrong" Benjamin answered giving me a unreadable look as he stopped in his steps. 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked putting my hands on my hips and looking up at him with a glaring look.

He let out a sigh "I'm not exactly sure, but I have to get you out of here. If I'm right about Connor. I can't leave you in the condition that you are in" 

"I can handle myself perfectly fine! I'm more worry about my lover than anything else. If you are going to look then I am coming with you" I step up to him giving him a challenging look. 

He look back at me as he wasn't even slightly intimidated at all by me. He jab my side sending a sharp pain through me as he jab my other side. The bruises was on my sides as I doubled over in pain taking in deep breathes. He murmured "Now, will you listen to me?" 

"Go to hell!" I snapped at him before regaining my composure once more. 

He swung me over his shoulder once more as I begin to pound his back with my fist. I struggle in his grasp shouting "Let me go! Let me go this instant! Put me down!" 

"You leave me with no choice, Rosemary" He jerk me more over his shoulder and I went limp. 

The pain was coursing through me again as I muttered "You are the worst male I have ever come across" 

"I heard that, little girl" He snapped. 

"I'm not a little girl!" I snapped back. 

"Don't make insults if you can't handle it" He was being smug and it pissed me off even more. 

I struggle against him as best as I could, but nothing was working at all. My body was exhausted, battered, and bruise. It was painful to even move anymore. I was tired. I was worried. All of these things flow through me as I bit down on my lip to hold in my sadness. My eyes widen as I saw a sign above me that I recognized instantly. We were entering a tavern that is mix with an inn. I kept my head down not facing anyone that look our way. It was quiet in here except for the weird music that was playing from the live people with instruments. It was quite different than the instruments that I was use to in my time era. 

We walk up the stairs after he got something from the lady behind the counter. I'm sure it was key of some sort, but I don't know for sure. We enter a single one bedroom room and Benjamin close the door behind him with his foot. He gently sat me down on the bed after walking over to it. I made a painful face as I lean a little too my right. He didn't look at me, but went over to a chair that was in the room and took a seat. I slowly lay down as I was not in the mood to talk to him at all. I can't believe he had done that to me. What a freaking jerk?!

**********************************************************

Connor's POV: 

I woke up slowly as my head was pounding and I managed to pulled myself into a sitting position. I remember everything that had happened. The guards foolishly mistaken for a criminal and now I'm in this cell. I was being framed. I can say that my dear Rose is safely away and Benjamin is watching out for her. He better not do anything to her while I'm away. He will be very sorry if he dare lays a hand- No! A finger on her. He will know the true meaning of what it is like to actually have his life at a blade. It will be my hand. I have to get out of here, but how? How do I get out of this prison? 

My feet walk over the bare cold stone floor as I reach my cell door and look through the bars. There was guards everywhere, but I do not see any of the Templars here. I do know that they are here and Thomas Hickey is here as well. I need to get to him and end him once and for all. There must be some way to get out here. There must be something and I notice there was a hole in the wall. It wasn't big enough, but it was big enough to look through. My feet walk over to the stone wall as my ears heard voices coming through the other side. 

They were muffled, but I could pick up on some of the things that they were saying. One was saying something about a man here that has a plan to get out. The other one was saying something about the warden here, but I wasn't sure what that was all about. It seems that one thing was for sure and I need to speak to this man at once. I hope Rosemary will listen to Benjamin and not get herself into trouble. I can't bare to lose her when I'm stuck in here with no way out. I can't think like that. I'm going to get back to Rosemary one way or another. It might not be today, but it will be soon. 

Please, wait for me, my dear

**************************************

Rosemary's POV: 

I ended up falling asleep as I was exhausted, but I was awake in the middle of the night. I sat up quickly not knowing where I am. A gasp escape from my lips as I doubled over from the pain. It was more painful than before, but that's probably because of the bruises that had surface. I can't believe I let Hickey do that to me. I was weak! There was nothing that I could do to have stop him from doing what he did. He almost had me if it hadn't been for Connor and Benjamin to my rescue. I look over to the chair to see that Benjamin was asleep in the chair. 

My heart ache for Connor to be by my side and to be safe. I knew where he was as I have play this part a million times. I could never get it right at all. Now, I'm actually stuck into the game. There was no way to prevent that part at all. If I hadn't been so weak-none of this could have happened. I could have stop Thomas Hickey right then and there, but I didn't. Now, Connor is in that awful prison being frame. Connor is going to be trick there along with Charles Lee and Thomas Hickey fooling him once more. Oh, what am I going to do? What is there for me to possibly do? There has to be something! 

Connor is in prison and I'm sitting here useless as ever. How am I supposed to save Connor? Am I supposed to let the events happened like they always do? What am I going to do? A sigh escape from me as it wasn't going to do me no good then sit here and whine about what action to take. I know there is something that I could do. I remember the old man being at Connor's hanging and that's what I need to do. I need to travel back to the homestead and talk with Achilles about what had happened. He made know by now, but I need to make sure. We need to come up with a plan or something. I know that we can save Connor. 

What should I do though? Should I wait or should I go and try to save him earlier? I don't know, but I'm sure Achilles has some plan of action. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

I'm so sorry for taking forever to update my Assassin's Creed Fanfiction! Thank you lovely readers for being patient with me. I really appreciated! Everything is working out fine and got 'A's in my College Classes. I'm going to try to update as best as I can with the time that I have. I'm going to start classes again Monday as most of you lovely readers will as well with school. I will try to squeeze out an update or so on my fanfictions! Thank you!

Thank you again! :D