Chapter: 18 Benjamin

Chapter: 18

Connor's POV: 

I can't believe I left her there all by herself. I must be foolish in thinking she could do what I did when I started training with the old man. I pace back and forth in the kitchen as I already spoken with Achilles and he just nodded before taking his leave. I shouldn't have left her back there. I need to go back there and find her. She must be in trouble and she hasn't enough training yet. I should have wait just a little longer before making her go on her own. I was inexperience, but I had six months of training. She only had a week or so of training. I have to practice with her everyday... 

A sigh escape from me as I stop feeling my head beginning to hurt from the worry of her. It's morning and she isn't here yet. What happen to her when I left her there? Did she leave Boston and out somewhere in the frontier lost or injured again? This is not helping me at all by worrying. I sat down at the kitchen table as I place my head on my hands that were folded. She is a strong woman and she'll be able to find her way back. I have faith in her that she'll come back unharm. I just have to trust her as a mentor should. I just have to be patience with her. Achilles was patient with me and I turn up late. It was well past morning when I did.

I just couldn't help, but worry for Rose...

****************************************************************

Rosemary's POV:

My eyes open to sunlight as it was streaming through my window and I took the curtain that was on the window to pull it over some. The sunlight didn't hurt my eyes anymore as I look around to see the unfamiliar room that I was in. My mind suddenly remember the events of what had happen the night before. The betrayal felt like a dagger in my heart. How could Connor leave me here in this unknown city? I have no clue on how to make my way around here or even to get back to the manor. I wonder what Connor is doing now...

I shook my head as I felt anger coursing through my veins. When I see Connor again, I will give him an earful and it won't be nice either. I remember Ben and how kind he was to help me out. He didn't even know me and help me. I let out a sigh as I realize the time era as I keep forgetting that guys like him help woman like me when they are in danger. I was scared and couldn't do anything against those horrible men. I never was in a situation like that when I was back in my time era. Then again we have policemen and laws to protect us.

The Declaration of Independence isn't even written yet and the rights of the civilians aren't on paper yet as well. So the people are on their own without any form of government yet. I guess that's why the revolution is taking place right now. That's what Connor is try to do is to free the people and men like his father wants control. I don't even want to meet his father at all. I know how a horrible man he is. I guess he had good intentions in the beginning, but not now. He is cruel and dangerous and I don't want anything to do with that man. 

There was a knock on the door as I was jolted out of my thoughts and I look up to see the door open. It was Benjamin as he had a friendly smile on his face "Ah...so you're finally awake"

"How long was I sleeping?" I asked as I look out the window to see it was morning. 

"I was joking...Rose" He answered as he burst out laughing. 

I made a face at him as I cross my arms across my chest, shooting him a glare. It only made him laugh some more. I notice the braces on his arms and I pointed them out "What are those on your wrists, Ben?" 

He flick his wrist out as he show me a hidden blade that was unsheathe. He flick his wrist again as the hidden blade disappear into the sheathe. My eyes widen as I asked "So you're part of the brotherhood as well?" 

Benjamin's eyes widen as he look out the door before coming into the room and shutting the door behind him. "I'm surprised a woman like yourself have heard of the brotherhood. Then again, I was convinced that you knew something. Just by the way you were dress...ladies are usually dress in dresses and all the fancy get-up"

I hold my head up high as I gave him a narrow look "I'm not like those other woman in those puffy dresses"  

"No...you're a different kind of woman. I can see that clearly..." He said with a smirk. 

I roll my eyes at him, but there was a smirk pulling out the corners of my lips and I couldn't help it as I said "So a guy like you actually notice a woman who was different..."

"I like different..." He said giving me a wink. 

"Anyway...back to the brotherhood. When did you join it?" I asked as my curiosity was getting to me.

"That curiosity of yours is going to get you into a lot of trouble, but I guess I can tell you. My grandma...the one that you met last night. She was part of the brotherhood in her younger years and then she retired from it. She handed me down her blades and had gotten me uniform as well. Right now...it's being hidden safely away in a chest" He answer with a smile.  

"You know you reveal a lot about you to a complete stranger..." I said giving him a raise eyebrow as I asked "Why are you revealing so much to me?"  

"Because I have a gut feeling that I can trust you...and I always trust my gut" He answered with a smile "You sure know how to be observant"

"I had practice" I said smiling mischievously at him.

"I think we are going to get along just fine" Ben said with a smile on his face.

"I believe so..." I agreed with him as my smile widen at him.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D