Chapter: 58 Annoyance and Effort

Chapter: 58

Rosemary's POV:

The sun had rose up and it had awaken me from my slumber. I open my eyes up to see bright light shining through the window. My mind was a little fuzzy and wasn't quite familiar with my surroundings. I quickly sat up in bed and realized where I was. It was the inn that I had found last night. My mind was so muddled last night. I couldn't think straight or even remember when I had made it to this room. I must have been really tired last night. It must be the afternoon. I have to get up and continue on my mission. 

The square sounds like a good place to start. It's where the red coats usually hang out the most here. I could possibly find out if I could find any information on Benjamin's father as well. I must be careful. I'm a little nervous in doing this all by myself, but I have to do this. I'm not useless and I will find something for him. He must be out there looking for me now and worry sick that I have left without saying anything at all. He started it first by being a complete ass, but all the males have that gene in them. It comes out sooner or later for them. 

I shook my head and pulled the covers aside. My mind was filled with memories of when Connor and I were together in Boston. I felt guilty for slapping him, but I was filled with rage when he had left me in Boston all on my own. Benjamin had save me, but it somehow drew Connor and I closer to each other. I slowly began to dressed myself back in my robes while my memories reminded me of how close we had become. Now, it feels like it's falling apart. Connor and I are drifting apart. It's all because of his ambition to get rid of the Templars. 

What am I going to do if I get in trouble here or worst capture again? I shook my head. I can't think of that right now. The main point of this is finding information and recon. If the guards or any of the small unimportant Templars spot me then I run like the wind and hide until it's clear. It's probably the coward's way of doing things, but I will promise Connor that I will not get injured or engage in a battle. He may not be here, but I will promise him still. I have already made him worried sick. He doesn't need to be worrying about me getting injured or capture. That's the last thing on my list that I want to do. 

I was fully dressed and my hair was in a braid. I was ready to start my mission. I can do this. I am a woman that is capable of handling herself. My feet guided me over to the door and exited the room. Let's do this.

*****************************************

Connor's POV: 

My father is more irritating then ever and couldn't even see that the guy was harmless. He doesn't even give second chances. I really do know now that I will not let him get anywhere near Rosemary. No way. I was fuming and my father sent me off ahead to infiltrate the camp that was north of where we stood. I couldn't believe he killed that man. My ears pick up voices and knew that I was getting close. There was the sound of hooves coming from horses that were pulling a wagon full of hay. 

It was the perfect place to hide and hitch a ride to get into the camp. My feet carried me over to the wagon quickly and I manage to pulled myself into the hay. The men's voice up ahead were getting closer. It was a slow ride, but it gave me some time to think about Rosemary. I do hope she is okay. I really don't want her in any danger at all. Benjamin's father is still on the loose and there is no telling in what he will do. My fear was escalating inside of me again, but I quickly shove it aside. I will have to worry about her later. I have to focus on the mission at hand. It was annoying being bossed around by my father. 

The wagon came to a stop and I poke my head out of it too see a couple of people up ahead. My body inch it's way out of the hay wagon and into some bushes where I crouch in. It's not going to take me long to ambush these guys and the other ones that are roaming around this campsite. I quickly got into the rhythm of getting rid of the guys one by one. I hid the bodies in the bushes, but left one out so it would attracted attention to the other people that were around. The men took the bait and I quickly got rid of them as well. Some of the men were talking about Benjamin Church and how they want to raid some of the Yanks camps. Valley Forge was where George Washington is.

I was ended a lot of them and it was a good thing too. The whole lot seem to be under Benjamin's Church influence and they won't be a threat anymore. I got to a camp settlement before hiding in some of the bushes that were far away. My ears pick up heavy rustling come from between the two trees and in came walking a couple of men with my father right behind him. One of them shouted that my father was sneaking around and acting suspicious. I rolled my eyes and realize how bad he is at being stealthy. Didn't he learn anything?

A sigh escape from me as he threaten the male in front of him and he punch my father in the cheek. He really is in no condition to be threatening someone, but I do know that he was meaning me. I was here and on his signal. My eyes widen once he had spot me in the shrubs lying low. He muttered "Not yet."

 They started to rough him of some and I came out of the bushes surprising them. It didn't take us long to end them quickly, but more reinforcements came. I thought I had gotten them all, but it looks like I had miss some of them. My father shouted over the ruckus, "Once you're done with this. Meet me in New York." 

I gave him a scowl while glaring "What? You mean to leave. Now?"

"If you can't handle mercenaries then we really don't have any business in working together. I am still rather curious about this woman." He answered while muttering his words, but I still could him. I knew he meant Rosemary. That only fueled my anger some more and I threw a guy into another room making them fall down onto the ground. 

I growled out through clench teeth "Unbelievable! The woman is none of your business! She's mine!" 

"Whatever you say, son!" Haytham's voice carry over the noise of my blade going into someone before shoving the dude into another one and ending that one's life as well. 

"For the last time, do not call me son!" I shouted back at him. 

He had already disappeared in between the trees and I was more irritated then before. I finished getting rid of the guy's and look around. My father bailed out on me once again and headed to New York where Rosemary is. Damn it! She could be possibly there. I need to get there fast. 

**************************************

Rosemary's POV: 

So far, so good. A sigh of relief escape from me and I look forward to see a couple of the redcoats talking about Benjamin's father. He wasn't here in this city, but somewhere else. Where could his father be? Hm, I wouldn't know where he could be if he isn't here. I wonder if I could find something else that would be useful here. This is a waste of time! They are not talking about any location or anything at all. What kind of men talks switches from talking about a person to talking about what they want for dinner? I shook my head before walking away. 

This isn't the first time that I had happened to me and worst of all is that I was having no luck in trying to find any valuable information. My head was beginning to hurt and I was beginning to feel the cold blustering me with the wind. It was strong and could almost sweep me off of my feet. I move forward not wanting to give up yet. Maybe, I'm not looking in the right place. I am in the square, but it's useless. The idiots don't know what they are talking about. My feet move down the street keeping my head low against the sharp wind. My eyes were watering and it was making it hard for me to see. 

The cold was making me shiver and I was cold. More redcoats passed me by, but something that they had said snapped my attention to them. I look over my shoulder at them and heard that in one month that Benjamin's father was going to be in town, but they didn't exactly know when. The wind blew again making me lower my head down again and I trudge onwards back to the inn. I got the information without even trying to look for it. How odd? 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D