Chapter: 82 The Battle of Chesapeake Bay

Chapter: 82

Connor's POV:

Rosemary was in view still and she was helping along with the other crew members. Tighten the ropes while helping them get situated. She still looks frightened by the battle, but she wasn't letting her fear win. No, she was helping the others with her own determination. Her determination made me feel proud of her and trying to help out as much as she can. I would rather have her next to me on the ship, but I knew she wouldn't stand by me without trying to help or give me a pleading expression to let her go help. Another thing that I admire about her was the way that she helps people. I look around and notice that we were nearing the Captain's ship that I needed to execute. 

We pulled up next to it after firing cannon shots from British reinforcements. My eyes on Rosemary every time that I told every to hit the deck. The crew members lock onto the Man-O-War and I was already telling Falkner to take over the ship. To watch over Rosemary while I took care of the captain on this ship. Rosemary was instantly next to me and gripping my hand while I turn to look at her. I had one hand on the rope while my foot was on the ship's railing. Her eyes held fear and it wasn't because of what was going on around. Before she was able to say anything, I crush my lips to hers and not caring who saw either. 

She presses closer to me and I gripped her tightly as if she would fade away into absolutely nothing. My lips moving over hers in quick movements while pulling away and Rosemary gave me a sharp look, "You better come back to me."

A smirk spread across my lips as I lean in to place my lips against hers once more before murmuring, "Do have faith in me, my dear Rosemary." 

I pulled away to see her cheeks were dusted with the color red. It made me smirk wider at her before pulling myself up onto the railing even though she was making me want to stay with her, but duty calls. I jump over onto the other ship while unsheathing my sword as I glance over at Rosemary to see that she was already going to the crew members that suffer minor blows from me ramming the ship into the man-o-war. If we did this all wrong, all of us would have suffered a terrible death at the hands of the British. 

With a glance at Falkner, I disappeared into the war of ship and did my job. If you want to get something done. Then this was the only way that I thought would save us. I know it was reckless especially putting Rosemary into this situation and Falkner as well, but it was the only way for me to do this. 

*(*

Rosemary's POV:

I was helping the crew that had suffer minor blows from the blow that we took right into the ship. It made me worried for them and for Connor's life as well. Falkner was manning the ship while we were fighting off the crew from the other ship that had boarded our ship. It was almost like an exchange of crew members were going on, but I know that wasn't the case at all. It was only a few of them that thought they would get some glory, but how foolish they were. With a shake of my head, I managed to patch up our crew members while earning a 'thank you' gesture for my quick thinking of patching them up.

If Connor was fighting, I might as well be helpful on board. Being a woman came in handy when things like happened, but I am also a fighter. Right now, our men needed to be attended to and that was what I was doing. Now, I was going to help Connor. I climb onto the railing as I was ready to sprint myself on board the Man-o-war, but my wrist was caught by a man that was behind me. I turn my head to look to see Falkner there as he had grabbed my wrist, "Rosemary, don't go onto that ship. It is not safe. Wait until Connor comes back."

"Falkner. I am going." I insisted while snatching my wrist back and jumping over onto the other ship while whipping my sword out. 

Falkner shouted behind me, "You foolish girl! This is different from when we were tracking Benjamin Church! This is a real war!"