Chapter: 8 Final Decision And a Surprised Visitor

Chapter: 8

Connor's POV: 

I met with my friend and he told me that Johnson's is at John's hall in John's town. I nodded my head to him as I told him to wait here for me, before I took off to finish William Johnson off. I was a little worried in leaving Rose there by herself with Achilles, but he can take care of her. I have missions to do and can't sit around until someone heals for me to train them. I can't believe Achilles want me to do that, train a woman like her. Where in the world will I begin with her?

This is not the time to start thinking about Rose and what am I going to do with her? She will just have to wait until I'm done with William Johnson and until her shoulder is heal. I slowly went into the water as I swim my way over to the other bank passing all of the other guards standing there. I made my way up the trail as I dodge the other guards here and there, making sure to stay out of sight. I will not shed anymore blood then necessary.

I could hear him talking to the leaders of my tribe. He will pay for what he is doing and he will pay the price with his life. I will make sure of it. I climb a tree to jump into another tree. I jump onto a tree branch as I jump onto another one making my way to John's hall. I could him clearly now and my anger fuel me as I listen to what he was saying to the leaders of my tribe. I step forth a little to watch the scene unfold beneath me as my leaders refused to sale our land to him.

William Johnson didn't take that lightly as he finally said what made me move so quickly. I jump down from where I am with my hidden blade out and he look up as I sunk my hidden blade into him. He fell backwards onto the ground with a surprise gasp as he breath out "Ah no...What have you done?"

"Ensured an end to your schemes.You sought to claim these lands for the Templars..." I answer his question.

William responded with "Aye. That we might protect them! Do you think that good King George lies awake at night hoping that no harm comes to his native subjects? Or that the people of the city care one whit about them? Oh, sure, the colonists are happy to trade when they need food or shelter or a bit of extra padding for their armies. But when the walls of the city constrict- when there's crops that needed soil- when there's... when there's no more enemy to fight- we'll see how kind the people are then."

I said kneeling down next to him "The colonists have no quarrel with Iroquois"

"Not yet. But they will...Tis the way of the world in time, they'll turn... I-I could have stopped it. I could saved you all..." He wasn't making much sense, but I understood what he said though.

"You speak of salvation, but you were killing them..." I said with a narrow look at him.

"Aye. Because they would not listen! And so, it seems, neither will you..." He said on his final breath as he died right there.

I said in my native language that the faceless one will grant him peace that he claims. That was the final end of William Johnson. I have done my deed.  

*****************************************************************************

Rosemary's POV:

I look at Achilles as he was waiting for my answer as I let out a breath slowly once again and answer his question "Yes. I will join your guy's cause"

Achilles look please in hearing that I will join their cause, even though that's what I have always wonder and want to do "Good. I'm glad to hear that. I won't be mentoring you, but Connor will"  

My eyes widen as I felt kind of scared for someone else besides Achilles himself training me. Connor will surely kill me with tactics...maybe, if I survive his tactics. I'm going to be dead sooner than I think I will. This is so unfair...the old man was gentle with Connor even though Connor had a mind of his own. Wait...is that why Achilles chose Connor to mentor me? Achilles asked "Are you okay, Rosemary?"

"Please just call me Rose...and I'm fine" I reassured Achilles.

"Very well then, Miss Rose. I shall be off, I'm sure Connor should be back any second now" Achilles said walking out of the room with his cane thumping the ground next to him.  

I took the other pillow that was next to the one that I have been sleeping on and press it to my face. I don't even want to know how this is going to work out. I'm so nervous about being train under Connor. Will he be hard on me or easy? I hope he doesn't go to easy...I made be a woman, but I'm will not be weak. My shoulder seems fine, but is it heal enough for what I have to go through? I don't even want to know what I have to go through. I groan into the pillow as I muttered "This sucks..."

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs as I set the pillow next to the other one of the bed. I look over at the door excepting Achilles to show up, but my hearing tell me it was a different person. It sound to light for Connor. So who could it be? The person came into the room and my eyes widen at the familiar person standing there.

"Hello...I'm Myriam." The woman said in her outfit that she is always in except for her wedding day. She was very pretty in that dress and she is still pretty now. I was in awe of this woman and she was my favorite out of the woman here, but that's just me.

"Oh...Connor told me about you" I said with a slight awe in my voice.

She chuckled "Why yes, I help him out of your garments and gave you new ones. I was right about the size, even though the front is a little big, but almost right."

"Oh...no. It's fine." I said catching my last words that I was about to say. I always say them, but in this era, I think I'll leave them out. I don't think it's this "time's era" words, but my era. So complicated.

"I think you are the kindest woman that I have come across so far...um...what is your name?" She asked with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry. I'm Rosemary, but everyone calls me Rose." I answer her question with a warm smile at her.

"That's a pretty name...unusual, but pretty" She said with a warm smile at me as well.

"Thank you, Myriam" I said smiling at her.

"You're welcome. Hey, do you want to go out for a little walk? I could show you around a little?" She asked.

"Am I even allow to leave?" I asked a little cautiously.

"Of course. No one is making you stay...and I'm sure your shoulder is just fine. Now come..." Myriam said with her hands on her hips "If anyone- even Connor says anything about it. I will defend you, because it was my idea."

I smiled and nodded "Okay..."

"Then shall we go?" She asked with a smile back at me.

I nodded as I got up slowly "Yes...we shall."

She walk out of the room first as I follow her out into the hallway and she asked "Do you know how to hunt?"

I shook my head "No...I don't"

"I may have to teach you then..." She said with a thoughtful expression on her face.

I made a face, but didn't say anything. I can't really say anything to her about my fears and concerns. I know a wolf attack me and everything, but it's only trying to survive. I didn't want to hurt the wolf at all and thinking about hunting down animals just for fun. Well...for her is about food and clothing. I think, but I don't know. I don't find hunting a type of sport to even enjoy. I find it more cruel and not fair at all, but that's just me.

Everyone else would beg a differ...

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

So I added a part in the game, all of the other scenrios will have Rose in them, but I kept this one the same :) Anywho! Thank you for reading! x3 

Thank you! :D