Chapter: 73 Traveling

Chapter: 73

Connor's POV:

A soft sigh escapes from me as I return back to the manor and was needing my lover's comfort. After what had happened with my best friend and what I had to do. It left a big hole in my heart and everything weigh deeply on me. I don't know what I was going to do at all after this, but I have to complete this sooner than later. I have to finish this and Rosemary will be standing next to me. I don't really want her to and want her to be safe, but she is in this with me as well. It was quiet and it made me uneasy, but then again it could be me.

I walk into the manor to hear no talking. No footsteps. No hello's at all. My confusion went through me and I wonder if she was here or not. Achilles didn't seem to be anywhere at all either. My feet guided me up the stairs and down the long hallway to our room. I open the door and peer inside to see no one there. My heartbeat was pounding inside of my chest hard and it was chaotic. I left her there, but she was on the horse. No, what happened? Please, don't let anything happen to Rosemary. Maybe, I'm overthinking and she's with Myriam or something. That doesn't feel right to me at all.

With a deep breath to settle my nerves, I walk down the stairs and called out, "Old man!"

There was no answer still and my eyes darted around for frantically, but the house was still silent as ever. An irritated sigh escape from my lips, I was tired and I didn't want to deal with this at all. She has to be here! I told her to come back to the manor and wait for me here. Where in the hell did she go? Where did Achilles go? With a dissatisfied grunt, I left the house while slamming the door shut behind me. I race off into the woods as my first thought was going to Myriam. Rosemary like Myriam and likes to hang out with her. Then again she could be by herself roaming the homestead again. 

This was not funny at all. Already I had to lose one person and Rose means everything to mean. It would be my fault if something happens to her again. I can't lose her! Not now! I came to a skidding stop and Myriam was standing next to Norris. She was laughing and Norris was grinning fondly down at her. I walk over to them and both of them instantly recognize me. Happy smiles spread across their lips and Myriam greeted me warmly, "Hello Connor. It's good to see you back."

"Where's Rosemary? I thought she would be with you." Norris smile with a teasing expression.

Cold terror rush through me and I asked, "Wait. She isn't here."

"No. The last time that we saw her was with you, Connor." Norris was confused and Myriam was confused as well. 

"Connor, what happened to Rose? Where is she?" Myriam asked completely worried about her like I am. 

I shook my head and felt the world sway beneath my feet. Exhaustion was wearing me down, but the fear was pushing me to go and find Rose. There was no time to be exhausted. I answered Myriam, "I'm going to find her and I'm going bring her back." 

They both nodded to me and with a final nod to them as well. I turn around and walk away from them. I sprinted into a jogging motion and headed back to the manor. My feet guided me down the path to the stables where the horses were. I can't believe this! I knew I shouldn't have left her all alone. Now, something bad could have happened and it was all my fault. It was my fault for pushing her away from me. I couldn't think straight at all and now I'm suffering the consequences because of it. How foolish can I be?

With quick movements, I straddle up the horse and made sure the buckle was tight, but not too tight on the horse. I fix the blanket underneath making the horse's back wasn't entirely bare to the saddle. All I could feel was guilt and concern for my love. I'm really hoping that nothing had happened to her. It made my stomach twist into knots and just thinking about it. It makes me sit on the edge. I don't know what to do at all. A soft sigh escape from me and I look around one last time for Achilles, but he seems to have disappeared to somewhere. 

I hoist myself up onto the horse and got myself comfortable before snapping the reins. Soon, I was off. Charging down the road once more and heading pass everyone. No one knows what had happened. Only Myriam and Norris knows now. They can tell Achilles for me because I'm going to save my love from whatever trouble she is in. If Norris or Myriam haven't seen her that means she wasn't here on the homestead at all. Norris was pretty good spotting her and Myriam as well. So, I trust them. She's not here. Something had happened, but what? What could have happened?

*(*

I arrive down the pathway. The sun was sitting low in the sky, but not quite yet. I still have daylight to burn before the sun sinks lower in the sky. My eyes landed on the grassy hillside and I pulled my horse to a stop next to it. I climb down off of my horse and went over to the edge while examining the area. My eyes narrow in on the imprint in the grass where it looks like someone had rolled down it. It landed stop next to a large boulder and it reminded me of when I had Rosemary in the forest, but only on flat ground. Did she get seriously hurt? My eyes look around and kneeled down to the bushes in front of me. 

My eyes widen to see that the leaves were splatter with dry blood and a sharp gasp escape from my lips. She was almost to the homestead, but somebody had wounded her greatly. Fear was clawing inside of me and my anger as well. Whoever had injured her was going to pay deeply for this. I will not show them mercy at all. While turning back to my horse, I look around my surroundings. With my tracking skills, I should find her easily. Then again, I have a feeling that I made not be so lucky.

With a deep breath, I hoist myself back onto the horse. I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth as the horse went into a gallop. A soft sigh escapes from my lips while thinking of where they would have taken Rose and who. Who was spying on us last night? How did that person know what route that my lover was taking back to the homestead? In the process of it, she was the one that got injured. It made my blood boil in thinking of any man got his hands on her. It was going to be their last.

I force my horse onwards as we rush down the pathway. My eyes on the lookout for more clues. Anything to help me locate where this person had taken her. I was unsure if it was a male or female, but something told me it was a male. This was not going to bode well at all. I was going to make his pain for whatever harm that he did to her. It still puzzles me that they took Rosemary now. Why now? Why not before or when I was with her? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Slowly, we arrive in a small town and I look around. There was an inn here and with gentle ease. I got off of my horse and tied the reins to the pole. I look around before walking into the inn. It was busy as usual and there was a lot of chattering. I walk up to a nice old lady that made me remember that Benjamin lost his grandmother. With a shake of my head, the old lady spoke, "What can I do for you, dear?"

"I am wondering if a person came by with a young lady," I asked her.

"Hm, there are a lot of those that come in and out of here." She answered honestly to me. 

"Well, she would have actually been passed out in the person's arms as she had gotten injured," I explain to her. 

She made a 'hm' noise and had a thoughtful expression on her face. Her nails were drumming against the wood of the counter. Finally, she spoke up, "I believe I did, but it was late at night. The man said that she was injured and needed to patch her wound up soon. So, they had rented a room upstairs."

"Thank you. That's all I need to know." I nodded to the woman and she gave me a warm smile. Soon, I was out the door and heading in the right direction of where that man took my lover. She had even said it was male as well. I got onto my horse and rode away from the small town and onto the next one. 

I have to hurry as well.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D