Chapter: 90 The Injured and The Fallen

Chapter: 90

Rosemary's POV: 

Waiting by the harbor was taking forever and my frustration was showing as I began to pace back and forth. Benjamin seems to be asleep next to a wall. So, I didn't disturb him at all. He kept dozing off and on, but Connor has been gone for a while now. So, it made me worried that the plan had failed in some way, but what way? Where was Connor? Was he okay? I didn't know which made my stomach clench painfully. The sun had come up and the harbor was getting busy. I didn't like how many people there were on this port. The port where all of this had started and this will come to a full circle. Well, almost. 

Now, I was waiting for Connor to come along with Charles Lee. Then it'll be my time to leave. Will it be different if I were to leave now? If I was going to disappear, would it be now? It made me question it, but as I look down at my hands. They seem to disappeared for a minute before coming back. It was the answer that I was looking for. My eyes squeeze shut as I grit my teeth. Not yet. I tell myself. I am still here. I am still here. It was going to happen whether I like it or not. It didn't matter if I had a voice in this or not. Someone places their hand on my shoulder, scaring the crap out of me as I turn around on my heel. 

Connor stood before me with a surprised expression as he asked me, "What's wrong?" 

Benjamin was awake, but he was looking at me. I answered Connor, "I am fine." 

Connor smile while lean down while giving me a sweet kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Ignoring Benjamin's scoff as Connor's arms came around my body, bringing me closer to him. We parted from each other as I caress his cheek, "Are you okay?"

His sweet lips found the palm of my hand, "Yes, I am fine. We must hurry though. Charles Lee plans to leave here and we have to stop him. We must get to him before he sets sail."

"So, what do you propose, Connor?" Benjamin asked him with a narrow look as he crossed his arms across his chest. 

Connor spoke, "We divide and conquer."

Benjamin asked, "Isn't that what we did?" 

Connor shook his head, "No, but I actually pinpoint on where he'll be here in the harbor."

Benjamin rolled his eyes while scoffing again and Connor turns his attention to him fully while demanding, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Does it matter? We are at the end of this road, Connor. What do you expect will happen after this?" Ben asked him.

Connor seems to pause while looking over at me with a soft look, but there was a frown on his lips. "Another time to answer that, Benjamin."

"Of course it is. Want to add to this, Rosemary?" Benjamin asked.

I snapped at him, "We don't have time for this. Charles Lee could be leaving any second now."

Benjamin made a 'tsk' noise while he was being a complete arse. We didn't have time for this or his attitude. Connor seems confused as he asked, "What are you getting at, Benjamin?"

My eyes went to Connor as I could see his confusion, but his dark eyes held a certain calculation to them. Like he was trying to work something out in his head or Ben's confusing words. I wasn't sure which one he was trying to do. So, I didn't say anything as Benjamin seems to smirk, "I guess we'll have to find out. Won't we?" 

He shot me a look before speaking, "Where do you want us to go?" 

Connor and I share a look of confusion, but I was more relieved than anything. Connor began to hash out the plan as it will be him chasing after Charles Lee. We will intercept him when he gets to us as we will be leading the man to his death. Something was telling me that this wasn't going to be easy at all. With a deep shaky sigh, I nodded my head to Connor as I understood what I had to do. Benjamin nodded his head along with me. He was lucky that I didn't knock his head in. Stupid fool. I made my 'tsk' noise and Ben gave me an amused look even looking a little bit smug as well.