Chapter: 20 Broken Trust

Chapter: 20 

Rosemary's POV: 

I had arrive back at the manor as I notice something was getting built and a farm had suddenly sprang up. When I arrive back at the manor and close the door behind me, I heard footsteps coming from further down the hallway. I walk a little in as Connor appear at the end of the hallway and he let out a sigh of relief. Connor walk down the hallway though me as I narrow my eyes as I met him halfway. He notice my expression as he slow to a halt.

"How dare you leave me back there in Boston, Connor?!" I shouted at him letting my anger fill the hallway.

"I'm sorry, but experience is better than being inexperience" He counter back.

That remind me when Achilles left him in Boston and he had to turn to John Adams for help. I remember the encounter with those vile men "I could have been rape or beaten or dead, Connor!"

He flinch at my words as I continue "I thought I could trust you! I didn't know my way through town! I nearly got rape on the street and even it weren't for this kind guy and his grandmother taking me in for the night! I wouldn't have shown up today! I still would have been out on the streets and it's all thanks to you!"  

My breathing became heavy as Connor's eyes had widen with every word that I said and he reach out though me, but I back up away from him. "You have made me distrust you...you lost my trust, Connor."

"I'm sorry...truly, Rose. I should have given you more training before leaving you on your own" He murmured.

I felt tears running down my face as I look away from him "You should of thought of that in the first place!"

He look sadden as I turn away from him and walk up the stairs to the room that they had set up for me. I walk down the hallway feeling such an awful pain in my chest as I enter the room that I have been staying in. I slam the door shut as I thrown myself onto my bed as I sob out. I want to go home...to my real home back in my time era.

I don't want to be here anymore...

**********************************************************************

Connor's POV:

I took the old man's advice and it was a disaster. She hates my guts now and I broken our trust between us. I made her cry as well and I never had anyone cry in front of me. I shook my head as I let out a frustrated sigh. This wasn't how it was suppose to go! I'm relieve that she had return uninjured, but only on the outside. I have damaged her on the inside and I must of have cause her a lot of pain if I made her cry.

"Give her time, Connor. She'll come around." The old man's voice came from behind me.

I turn my glare on him "You told me to give her the assignment and look what the consequences was, old man! I lost her trust!"

"I gave you advice on whether or not to give her the assignment and you'll just have to earn her trust again, Connor" Achilles said.

I shook my head "The damage can not be fix!"

"Not with that set of mind. I said give her time, Connor." Achilles said before walking away "Time can fix things...even a trust that has been broken."

Achilles last words hit some chord inside me and I knew what he meant as there was an undertone in his words. He wasn't just speaking of Rose or me, but himself as well. I stare down the hallway as the old man turn and disappear into a room. Achilles is still a mystery to me, but I'm more worry about Rose. The trust that I had built with her is more concern for me then Achilles mysterious words to me. I don't know what to do... or how to mend what has broken between me and Rose?

Somehow...I'll earn her trust back and I won't leave her side ever again. Only do I know...that it's going to be hard to earn her trust again.

*********************************************************

Rosemary's POV:

I woke up with a jolt not realizing that I had fallen asleep on the bed. I look around to see that the day had turn into night. I lay there looking up at the ceiling feeling empty as I let everything go earlier. A sigh escape from me as my heart felt heavy as well as I remember my argument with Connor. I never going to forgive for what he did. I turn my body to face the wall as I curl up as I close my eyes. I relax my muscles as I let out a slow breath to release any tension that was still inside my muscles.

My breathing became slow as I was starting to dose, but then my mind started to become active. I remember everyone that I had left back in my time era. I didn't know anyone here in this time era and my grandma that I cherish with all my heart was back in my time era. I miss her greatly as my heart ache to be hug by her. I was worry about her as I lay there. Why did I have to be reminded about my family that is back in my time era? I'm trying to fall back asleep and it's not working.

I roll onto my back as I let out another sigh. My eyes scan over the room before they landed on the door that leads out into the hallway. I remember going out on the balcony to get some fresh air when I couldn't sleep. So, I decide to do just that. I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I stretch my muscles out as I stood up from sitting. I slowly walk over to the door, dreading the fact of possibly running into Connor. I don't want to run into Connor at all, but I want to be outside. The room felt like it was suffocating me and I open the door slowly.

I poke my head out into the hallway to see no one around. I step out of the room and close the door softly behind me. I couldn't hear any footsteps or the sound of people walking around at all. I slowly walk down the hallway to the room where the door to the balcony was. Connor must be asleep in his room and Achilles must be asleep in another room or so. I wanted to peek into Connor's room just to see if he was sleeping, but I didn't dare to.

The night air was wonderful as I exited the room and onto the balcony. The air felt wonderful as it brush through my hair and a familiar scent was on the wind too. It smell like...it was going to rain. I look up to see it was a cloudy night and I wonder if this is why the air was feeling so warm. I wonder if it's going to rain. I climb up onto the rooftop and look out to the horizon to see lighting. A shiver went through me as I didn't really like storms at all. I highly dislike them and I always hide or stay inside the house when it was storming outside. I'm not crazy as my brother and sister who likes to be outside when it's storming.

Another deep ache spread through my chest making me ache for my siblings again. I should be use this feeling when my family has been broken up for a while now. It has been over five years since everything went to ruins. My mother lives with her boyfriend and my father lives with his girlfriend further down in the state. I live with my grandma and my sister is living with us. My brother lives with my mother and her boyfriend, but ends up with us for most of the time.

It's just a complete disaster...everything is...

I want to go home. I can't trust anybody and I can't even trust people who made me trust them. I can never forgive someone who broken my trust. I don't know what to do now. How do I move on in this time era? What does a woman do? 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D