Chapter: 24 Hurtful Things

Chapter: 24

Connor's POV:

I walk into the tavern where we were suppose to meet up, Paul Reverie went back to talk to Sam Adams. I look around the tavern looking for Rose and I didn't see her sitting at any of the tables. My eyes scan the room as I saw an old woman behind the counter and she was doing something. My ears pick up a familiar laughter as I look over to the stairs to see Rose standing there talking to a guy with blonde hair. A pain went through my entire being as if I was shut out completely.

She look down as the guy took her hand and rub his fingers against her skin. My jaw was clench as a burning feeling went through me and I walk over to them. She look up as the guy turn his head to look at me as well and I could see his eyes were blue. "Connor, this is Benjamin...the person that help me when I was here in Boston"

I look over at Benjamin to see that he was looking at me with a narrow look "So...is this the guy that left you?"

My eyes widen and I snap my attention to Rose, but she look surprise "Did you tell him everything?"

"Not everything. Just the part where you left me here all alone in Boston" She said putting her hands on her hips and giving me a narrow look.

"I figure some stuff out on my own, I didn't need her to tell me. And by the attire on you...I have seen your kind before" Benjamin said.

I gave him a glare and he had a smug look on his face as he added "Why would you leave a beautiful most wonderful woman like her in the first?"      

"That's none of your business" I hissed through clench teeth as my hands curl up into fist.

"Sure it is...Since I was the one who save the damsel in distress" Benjamin said as he wore the smug expression.  

I glare at him even more if that was possible and Rose step in the middle of us as she said "Okay...guys. Enough." She place her hand on my chest as she shove me away from him and she did the same with that guy name Benjamin.

"I'm not the one who started it..." Benjamin whined as if he was a kid again.

"I don't care who started it...arguing is pointless and it goes nowhere. Fighting is the same as well. Now, I think we should be on our way, where is Paul Reverie?" She asked as she look over at me.

"He left to go talk with Sam Adams and the others..." I answer.

"Then let's head back to the manor..." She said walking away from Benjamin.

"Why do you have leave all of suddenly, Rose? You just got here..." He whine as I saw a smirk forming over his lips.

I grab her wrist as she turn her head to look at him and I drag her out right behind me as we exit the inn together. She pull her wrist away as she gave me a glare "What was that for?"

I didn't say anything except walk away from her down the street though our horses. "Hello! I'm talking to you, Connor!" She shouted behind me.

Before I could get any further she caught up, but step into my pathway as I saw confusion in her eyes, but mostly anger. "Will you listen when I am speaking to you?!"

I folded my arms across my chest as I said "I have nothing to say..."

She got even more angry as her cheeks turn a shade of pink as she shouted "You had plenty to say back there...to Benjamin! So why the silence now, Connor? You can't speak to a woman, is that it?"

"No, it isn't." I answered.

"Then what?!" She snap.

I could see that she was trembling and the corners of her eyes were pricking with tears. A wave of guilt flow over me as a strong urge was building inside of me and I had no clue what the feeling was "Let's go...we have to get back to the manor..."

She turn away as I knew I made her cry once more and she was walking away quite fast. I walk quickly to keep up, but to keep enough distance between us. I don't really know how to answer her question...

Why do I feel so guilty?

**************************************************************

Rosemary's POV:

We were camping out once more as I sat on the far side of the camp fire and he sat on the other side of the fire pit. I didn't even make eye contact with him, but I know he was looking at me. I refuse to give him a look or to acknowledge his existence. We sat there quietly as the wind ruffle the trees and I could see the leaves were starting to fall, but very slowly. I don't want to know how the cold feels here and without central heat or anything, they use fire place and other things to keep warm.

I really wish to go home now...

Connor isn't the man that I thought he'll be and he is making me like him less and less everyday. He hurt me so many times now and I don't know how I can keep going on like this knowing that Connor is going to keep hurting me. I stifled a surprised gasp as a sudden realization dawn on me.

Am I the one being conceited and not taking his feelings into consideration? Am I the one who is hurting him and in return he is expressing how hurt he is? I look over at him to see that a sudden sadness had wash over his features as he lend against a tree. I couldn't tell if he was a asleep or not. Maybe it's time to forgive him... I hate arguing and I hate hurting people's feelings.

He must think I'm a horrible woman now...

What am I going to do now? 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D