Chapter: 59 Realizing the Damage

Chapter: 59

Rosemary's POV: 

The warmth of the inn was warming me up from being cold and it felt wonderful against my frozen cheeks. A small blizzard was raging on outside and disappointment filled me. This wasn't how my plan was suppose to work, but I guess nothing can ever go right. I'm stuck here until the blizzard is over. I know I will get lost if I try to ride my horse through the conditions. I'm useless as they come. I only found little information about Benjamin's father being here in a month, but don't know exactly when. I couldn't find anything on Connor's father either. 

Oh well. I will have to get it one last try tomorrow or later if this blizzard ever goes away. I hate the cold and the snow. It's the most irritating season. Christmas is wonderful, but traveling anywhere is difficult. My heart ache to be with Connor, but then I remember how harsh he was with me. I'm not wanted at the moment. My mission is nothing, but a complete wasted. Can I be anymore foolish? I scoot my chair back and stood up. I push it in before making my way up the stairs to my room that I am renting. 

I honestly don't know what to do now. I don't want to go back and face Connor's wrath of leaving the manor without saying anything to him. I can imagine what he would say and I would probably make things even worst between the two. The hardships of life isn't ever easy. I close the door behind me and began to remove my assassin garments. I guess the only thing that I could do is lay in bed and go to sleep early tonight. There isn't anything here for me that would be important valuable information. 

My room was still a little chilly, but that was because I was near the fireplace downstairs. I got under the covers and lay down. I blew out the candle next to my bed and lay there in the darkness looking up at the ceiling. This was going to be a long night. 

*************************************************

Connor's POV: 

I had made it to New York and it look like I had beaten my father here, but he could mean entirely different. I didn't want to risk her safety. I have to find her and not him, but where could she be in this large area? It's going to take me forever to find her here. I got to think and imagine myself in her shoes. Where would I go? The wind blew harshly against me as if to remind me that she didn't like the wintery season. She would have seek an inn to get some warmth and stay there until this blizzard is over with. 

I must hurry. The blizzard rage on and I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I was halfway from New York. Hopefully, I am right about her being inside and not out here in this horrible condition. It was tough for me to walk down the street without being blown around by the strong wind that was rattling the bare branches of the trees. The lanterns provided some light, but not enough and the wind kept blowing them out. I notice an inn up ahead, but there are so many that I don't know which one she is in. 

My entire body was starting to feel the cold and the warmth of the inn was looking welcoming for me. I trudged forward to the inn and was almost there when someone bump into me. I grabbed the person by the arm and swung the person to the building while pressing my blade to his neck. A familiar voice shouted "Wait! It's just me!" 

"Benjamin?" I asked.

"Who else would it be, Connor?" He shove me away before fixing his attire. 

I rolled my eyes at him and how he was being dramatic "What are you doing here? I thought you were in Boston?" 

He let out a sigh of annoyance, "She was nowhere to be in Boston. That's why I came here. I look around the large area, but she isn't in sight anywhere. What the hell did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything!" I shouted back.

"That's why your all defensive." He shouted right back at me.