Chapter: 67 Death of Benjamin Church

Chapter: 67

Connor's POV: 

Leaving Rosemary was the hardest part, but underestimating her is a big mistake. I have faith in her. She'll be all right and she'll keep out of unnecessary fights. I took a deep breath before throwing my wrist forward to sink my blade into flesh. My eyes on their fast movements, but not fast enough for me not to see it coming. I quickly dispatch a couple of them delivering both of them quick movements of death. I shove them both away from me before making my way forward again. 

Another one came at me and I block a hit before delivering one myself. I dodged the guy's sword at me. With a fist, I drove it into his stomach before throwing him to the railing. A smirk spread across my lips before taking a running start at the male. The male's eyes widen while trying not to stumble. With one hit of my knee and a fist to his face, he fell overboard. I turn around and barely dodged another one. I got ready to strike him, but a sword went through his chest. My eyes widen and the sword was removed.

The guy was gasping for air with wide frighten eyes and I move away as he fell forward onto the ground. My eyes look over to the person and realized that it was Rosemary standing there. She looks frighten by what she had done, but there was a fierce determination in her dark brown eyes. She gave me a small nod before going to help the crew members out. I watch her go, but I couldn't keep my eyes on her. I have to find where my father has gone too. He must be in the lower hatch with Benjamin Church. They're not up here on the main deck, so they must be down on the lower floors.

I head over to the double doors while disarming a couple of the men that were battling it out with my crew members. With a small glimpse of Falkner and Rose, standing back to back, I went down the hatch to the lower decks. Down here was filled with silence and the sword-fighting up ahead was faint. My eyes scanned the area, but there wasn't anyone here. Everyone must be up on top and I guess my father would be down here with Benjamin. Somewhere. I began my search for my father and Benjamin Church.

A frown was placed on my lips as I muttered, "Empty...what has Church done with the cargo?"

**********************************

Rosemary's POV:

Saving Connor's life was a big move on my part and he wanted to say something to me, but I didn't let him. This is both of our jobs, but I will stay here and fight against these males until he is done with his father and Benjamin Church. Falkner and I were standing back and back, against these brutes. My arm was getting tired already from swinging with force while blocking other swords. It was a little hard for me, but I was managing to keep up. As long as I had Falkner with me, everything was going to be fine. 

Connor will have full support with us two here. Haytham had disappeared once we boarded the ship, but knowing him. He probably was in a battle with Benjamin Church. He was too impatient for his own good. He could at least wait another five seconds and have Connor go with him, but he didn't. Then again, those two were enemies now. Benjamin Church joins the Crown and betrayed the Templar Order. It was karma. Pure and sweet. A smirk was sliding across my lips before swinging to cut a man down before me.

Falkner did the same thing and one by one, we were getting through. I was glad that we were almost done, but my arm was killing me. I don't know how long I am able to go on like this. I block a sword, but this male in front of me was stronger than I. I was getting push back and up against Falkner. He grunted as he was in the same position as I am, but he managed to push back his opponent. I wasn't so luckily. I fell backward onto my butt and the guy was about to plunge the sword into me. A scream escaped from my throat and close my eyes.

Death never came and slowly, I open my eyes up to see Falkner sinking his sword into the male before me. He shoves him away from me knocking a couple down onto the ground. He extended his hand to mine and shakily, I reach up to grabbed his hand. He helps me up from the ground and asked, "Are you all right, madam?"