Chapter: 86 Complications

Chapter: 86

Rosemary's POV:

Achilles was lay to rest after everyone pitches in to make his coffin and Benjamin had dress Achilles in his finest clothes along with the help of Connor. I gather flowers along with Diane and Catherine to place with him in his coffin. Their husbands dig a six-inch grave for Achilles and as we laid him down to rest. All the guys took up shovels and to buried Achilles in the ground. I didn't know how many days have past by as everything seem a blurred as if time were rushing to throw me back. That this wasn't real and I was in a state of grief. 

All I did after Achilles funeral and Connor stand out there the longest time. I sat down near the window and I didn't budge at all. Not even for dinner. I couldn't even think about eating or doing anything like that. How many more days will it be? How many more day will be when I don't get to tell Connor that I could be leaving? Even if I don't, he'll know the truth about where I truly come from. He would know how I got here in his world of his. He would know that time loops were different and apparently dimensions existed. The Future, The Present, and The Past even some others as well, but who cares?

I place my head on my knees as downstairs grew quiet and the sound of the main door kept opening and closing. So many times that I lost count. I stay that way even as my stomach rumble at me for food, but I ignore it. I ignore everything and just sat there. I was pretty sure my butt had gone numb and I was done talking to everyone. I didn't want to do any more interactions today. This morning was enough and that was it. Benjamin has surprisingly been leaving me alone and Connor has been giving me space to work things out on my own. 

Now, I didn't get the luxury as he came into the room. He didn't say anything and came over to me. He plopped down on the floor and sat across from me. Softly, he spoke to while gathering my hands in his, "Rosemary..."

Slowly, I look up at him with no expression what-so-ever. "I know this hard, but we'll get through this together." 

At him saying that I ended up gripping his hand tighter as more tears came down my cheeks. He didn't know why I was crying so much, but he held me in his lap. Rubbing my back and arms in soothing gestures. It wasn't fair. This wasn't fair at all. Now, I have Connor and I actually have a life here. That it may get taken away from me. It may not, but there is still a possibility that it could. I didn't even try to tell Connor now as I didn't want to talk, but to have him hold me through the night and the rest until my last day here.

*(*

Connor's POV:

She was asleep again as her long dark hair was sprawled across the pillows as I stood there watching her with a sad expression. Knowing that we had all of our demons to deal with and dealing with my father was bitter. Achilles was gone now and Rosemary was injured like me and Benjamin as well. She was grieving for the old man's lost, but something else was bothering her as well. Something more strongly than before, but what could it be? I didn't know and she didn't say anything except cry. I wish there was something to do that could ease her suffering, but there is little to do when grieving. 

There was a soft knock on the door and I turn to look to see Benjamin standing there in his night time clothing. He asked in a soft voice, "How is she doing?"

I wanted to slap him across the head, but knowing that wouldn't do anything. So, I answered simply, "Grieving." 

"Her wounds that she had sustain?" He asked me.

A soft sigh escape from my lips, "She's fine, Benjamin." 

He was quiet for a long time, but spoke, "All there is left, is Charles Lee. What will you do after he is finished?" 

His question left me stumbling for words, but I failed at forming any words on my lips. He looks at me with a satisified look, "I'm going to bed. I guess you should think about that, huh?" 

I gave him a glaring look before he gave me a smirk while turning away and walk down the hallway to his room. His golden hair only ruffling with his steps as I close the door behind him before walking around the bed to the other side. I gaze at the sleeping woman and let out another sigh. What am I going to do after Charles Lee is dealt with? A question to definitely ponder, but there was one thing. 

As I climb into bed next to her and gently pulled her to me, she stirred a little but didn't wake up. I look down at her peaceful expression while humming softly to myself. I do know one thing and that was keeping Rosemary with me. I don't know what I'll do without her. She is the one that had shown me a different light to this life that we live. Together, we had survived many things and she has grown into such a strong woman that I find admirable about her. I don't want anyone else besides her. Only her. 

I whispered to her sleeping form, "I want to be with you for the rest of my life." 

That was when I vow to myself. After Charles Lee is dealt with, I will ask her hand in marriage. A sacrad ceremony that binds us two together. Once the threat has been dealt with, I will marry this woman. 

*(*

Morning came again and starting a new day for all of us. Benjamin was waiting downstairs as he had prepared breakfast this morning which I was surprised considering I didn't think Benjamin could cook, but everyone had changed or did some changing over the many years of being together. Benjamin looked up from what he was doing and gave me that infamous smirk of his, "Is she still sleeping?" 

I nodded my head, "Yes, she is."

Benjamin spoke as that smirk of his disappearance from his lips, "She's taking this quite hard with Achilles being gone."

"Achilles acted as a grandfather to her and I can see why she is taking this hard." I didn't mention to him that it also seems like something else was bothering her, but it could be me thinking that. 

Benjamin ended up quiet as I realized that I kind of hit home with, but he nodded his head in understanding. He serves the plates between us and the third one for Rosemary if she were to come down, but she was still sleeping and I didn't dare wake her up. The house was quieter. More empty than I could have imagined, but maybe I could change that. First was taking care of Charles Lee as Benjamin was looking at the window to the world that lay bare before us. Things were finally coming to an end. A man that had taken loved ones from us and destroy our worlds. Charles Lee was going to die and that was final. 

Soft footsteps came down the stairs as a sleepy Rosemary enter the kitchen. Benjamin perks up at the sight of her and I sent him a glare. The thing that I have noticed about her was that she looks like she wasn't even there. Dead inside and no light at all to those beautiful brown eyes of hers that if the sun caught it right. They turn to a dark amber color, but that was only when she was happy. Benjamin's smile faded away as he saw that she was not herself. Not the Rose that we both know as Achilles death hit her hard. 

Without saying a word, she went back upstairs and her footsteps faded away. Benjamin asked, "Did I look like that?" 

After a couple of moments of chewing my food while looking up at him and nodded my head, "Yes, you look like you weren't there. Both of us could see it, Ben."

He gave a sad smile and nodded his head, "Well, we will just have to be there for her." 

I gave him a sad smile in return and nodded my head as well. Yes, Benjamin was right. Both of us need to be there to her as she was the one that helps me ended my father. She was a warrior and I could see that in here. I hope she finds her spirit again. The warmth will come back to an empty shell of a person and she'll be returned to me, but a little different. A little molded more and more wistful. I will have to be patient about it and not rush this.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! <3