Chapter: 91 Death Fallens Upon Us

Chapter: 91

Connor's POV:

Someone was calling my name. A familiar voice dragging me out of the dark and coming back to the light. A rather gruff voice called my name as well. The familiar beautiful one was pulling on my memory strings as her voice became clearer and clearer. As if she were shaking me as well. A very familiar woman was calling my name. Why?

Connor.

She said.

Connor.

"Connor!" She shouted at me and with that, I jolted awake while looking up at her beautiful bruise face. Her dark haunted eyes and her split lip. My eyes found a man who was bent over holding his side and I realized with a gasp of where I was and what I was doing. My hands went up to her face, cupping her cheeks while I spoke softly, "Rose, you're hurt. Anywhere else that you are hurt?"

She shook her head, "No, I am fine. It's okay, Connor."

"It's not okay! Charles Lee got away! We need to go find him now!" Benjamin was glaring at us as he slammed his fist against the wooden boards. I look back over at Rose and then around my surroundings as well. With a grunt, I push myself up onto my feet. Rose and Ben were still on their knees. I held a hand out for Rosemary as she looks up at me with such sadness and bitterness as well. That I was taken back from her expression. Why was she looking at me like that? What was wrong? Was she seriously injured and not telling me?

She took my hand and I could feel how shaky she was as I helped her to her feet. I brought her closer to me while taking her chin in my hand and examining her face. Her body was trembling and I asked her softly, "Please tell me the truth. Are you all right?" 

"Are you?" She snapped back at me as her eyes water and I knew right then and there that she was scared for me. "I thought I lost you, Connor. I know it's silly, but..." Her voice stopped at that and Benjamin even gave her a pitying look. I took her in my arms and held her tightly against my chest. Her body shaking a little bit more than before, but she clung to me. 

I whispered softly against her ear, "It's all right, Rose. I am here. I am here with you still." Her arms tighten around me and I felt pain sprang through my body, but as I grunted quietly. She pulled away some to look up at me, but before she could say anything else. 

Benjamin spoke up, "Come on, you two. We can do this later. We need to find Charles Lee and finish this." 

I look back at her while brushing her dark hair away while I asked her, "Together?"

A smile managed to spread across her lips as I place my lips against her forehead, "Together." 

That was her answer. Hand in hand, we limp over to Benjamin who was holding his side like we were as well. All three of us took a nasty fall and we were lucky to be alive still. Charles Lee was wounded and it shouldn't be that hard to find him. All three of us managed to limp our way to a dock and there was a man up ahead that asked me, "Rough night, wasn't it?"

None of us said anything as he began to speak and informing us of where Charles Lee had gone. Benjamin was getting quite antsy about standing in one spot for too long and Rose was leaning on me pretty heavily. So, as the man in front of us was able to secure a passageway for us. All of us were silent and I made sure to check over Rosemary as Benjamin was worried about her too. Not looking too good for her or for us either, but it was our last stop. This was going to be it. This was the end of Charles Lee and all the sins that he had committed against me. That also includes Benjamin as well and for every trouble that he had cause for him too. 

All of this was going to end and we were almost done. Just a little longer. We'll be done. 

*(*

Rosemary's POV:

We arrive at the tavern and I knew right then that our journey had come to an end. Connor was bleeding badly as he was wounded, but all of us were and this trekked was only straining us more than before. All of us were wounded. Including me. My side was bruise just like the two guys were as well. Benjamin muttered, "A tavern."

"The place for one last drink before his death that he knows is coming," I spoke softly as the wind carry my words away.

Connor looks over at me and then to Benjamin, "Let's finish this and be done with this." 

The two of us nodded together as we walk with Connor in the lead. We walk into the tavern and found it somewhat bare which isn't unusual at all. Well, maybe it was. I didn't care enough about the tavern hours or what they do. So, we headed over to a table where Charles Lee was sitting at. Connor was carrying a silver dagger of sorts, but it was slender and it would get the job done. All of us approach the table as Connor dragged the chair over to the table and sat down next to Charles Lee. He looks up at us and I could see that his wound was definitely killing him. Good thing, it would be over any second now. 

Benjamin snarled out quietly, "This is the end for you, Charles Lee." 

Charles Lee dragged the bottle to him and took a shaky drink as I took a hold of Benjamin's sleeve. He moves closer to me as I watch. Charles Lee dipped his head as there were no words. It was written on his face that he knew what was coming as he extended the bottle to Connor. Connor took a drink of the liquid and made a soft grunting noise especially from how strong it was. The smell was enough to knock me off of my feet. Connor took the dagger and brought Charles Lee closer to him as Benjamin try to make me look away from him, but I wouldn't. 

Connor drove the dagger into the man's chest and Charles Lee let out a grunting noise. Blood spray outward as I didn't move or even turn away as I watch the life drain out of Charles Lee. Connor remove the dagger and ripped the necklace from Charles Lee's throat. The man fell onto the table twitching as Connor slowly got up and spoke to us, "It's done." 

*(*

We made it back to the Davenport Homestead and nearly passing out on the doctor's steps as he had to drag us into his little cottage area. He had to patch us carefully especially Connor who I had found out was injured the worst than us. We had to take it easy and rest a lot, but Connor will have limp to him that will haunt him well into his older years. Almost like Achilles in a way, but it also made me realized that this journey had come to an end and I wasn't sent back like I thought I was. I was so sure that I was going to be sent back, but now I am not. 

What was she waiting for? I am not sure at all, but I didn't like it one bit. Not one bit at all, but at least now I can take the time and spend my last moments with Connor. I know one of these days that I will vanish from his world. It may not be today, but it'll be someday. I hate this waiting as it was always on my mind. Always haunting me. So, now I play the waiting game. Benjamin was still looking at me, but there was a dull look in his eyes. He had wandered off as Connor and I made it back to the manor. Connor had taken notice that we were alone in the manor now. That it was only the two of us. That Achilles was no longer with us. 

Connor leans down towards me and places his lips against mine as I slowly parted my lips for his. It was slow and sweet until it turns heated. Until we were practically breathing each other in. That we came so close to death, but only to be alive. Only to be here with each other. That it was like I needed to feel against him. Skin to skin. It seems that he had the same idea. Our clothes being ripped off each other and fell to the floor. Connor pushes me up against the wall while hoisting me upwards where my legs were around him. Our lips intertwining just like our fingers were doing. Every moment between us was saying that we were alive and we are here with each other. 

It was us. Just us.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! <3