Chapter: 21 Unspoken Feelings

Chapter: 21

Connor's POV: 

I walk downstairs excepting to see Rosemary sitting there at the table, but she wasn't there. I look around to not see her around in the room anywhere. I walk down the hallway looking into the other rooms to see them empty of the one person that I was searching for. Is she still sleeping? I walk back upstairs and to her room. I open the door to the room slowly to see the bed was made and Rose was not in here either. Where has that woman gone off to? I heard a loud thump noise that sounded familiar and I heard it again. I realize it was an arrow hitting it's target and it only made that sound if it had hit its target. 

My feet began to move down the staircase and down the hallway to the front door. I exit the manor and the noise got louder. I walk around the house to where the stables are, but didn't see anything. I walk further around the house to the back of the house. My eyes widen as I saw Rose there holding a bow in her hand with an arrow on the bow. Achilles was sitting on a large boulder as Rose hit her mark on the trees that were paper there. She still needs a few pointers, but other than that. Rose has a good stand and she seems to be focus more than last time. 

Achilles took notice of me as he motion for me over to him and I walk over to him as I saw Rose giving me a cold look. A cold shiver race up my spine as I never actually seen anyone so angry with me. It was like I could feel it deep within myself and that was just from her cold look. I never came across a person who could make me feel like that and she is a woman too. I must of have cost her a lot of pain. Did she really trust me that much? We were just strangers starting to get to know each other, but yet she had such faith in me. 

"She can hit her targets with accuracy and she needs a few pointers here and there, but other than that she has improve greatly" Achilles said as he jolted me out of my thoughts.

Rose had turn her head away from me not even bothering to look back over when Achilles was talking to me. Something deep inside of me twist tightly and it kind of bother me to know that I have hurt her. It made my heart feel heavy for some reason. Achilles murmured softly "Rose feels betrayed for leaving her in Boston...Connor"

"I only did it...to give her experience" I murmured back as Rose release another arrow.

"And it came with a consequence...Connor" Achilles murmured.

I look over at him to see that he had a unreadable expression on his face as I look over at Rose to see she was beginning to shoot another arrow. I wanted to help her out a little, but I know doing that would only result in conflict.  "Yes...I know, Achilles" I murmured.

"Then resolve, Connor. Make things right with her..." Achilles murmured again as he stood up from where he was sitting.

"Yeah...but how?" I asked a little confused.

"That's up to you, Connor..." He answered. 

****************************************************************

Night Time...

I have been watching Rose all day, but kept out of sight so she wouldn't have seen me. From what I have observe, Rose seems conflict with another problem that seems to be within herself. I wonder if she did travel from where she came from and I wonder if she had any family left that she was missing. I was watching her now as she went into the stables to feed the horses that we have in there. I walk over to one of the entrance and peer in to see her smiling at a horse that seems to really like her.

The horse nudge her hand as I heard her chuckling and I heard her murmuring a few words to the horse. The corners of my lips began twitching as I wanted to smile, but then I don't. I hesitantly walk up to her as she let out a sigh and I spoke quietly "Rose...may we talk?"