Chapter: 47 Time Passing By

Chapter: 47

Rosemary's POV: 

Time has flown past as we come to find out that Hickey wasn't even in town of New York. We had to wait and while we had to wait. Connor was like a mother hen, but much worst. He made me stay in bed just to make sure that I was well enough to move and he came to my every need when I was sick, but I'm feeling much better now. It was a simple cold and all I need to do was rest. It was exhausting with Connor, but he was so caring that it made my heart squeeze tightly in my chest. I protested that I could it on my own, but with Connor- he insisted. When he is being persistant like that- there is no way that I can get through his thick skull. It didn't matter now as I was well and that is all that matters now. 

The sun was shining down and I had watched the snow melted. It was gone now as spring had return and the warm days were here once again. When we found out that Hickey wasn't in New York- Connor took that time to work with me. He had me hone my fighting skills and had shown me a couple of tricks with the hidden blade. We had train endlessly and there was a couple times where he had me on the floor. I could see the love and there was lust in his dark brown eyes. I knew that he had wanted me right then and there. I still remember the passionate kiss that Connor gave me and I was so close in just ripping his upper garments off. 

It was close, but Connor didn't even give me that chance to do that. He was merely teasing me and he knew that he was. It was so different to see that side of him, but he also had hold himself back on his own as well. I wasn't ready as I never had sex unlike those other girls having sex at the age of sixteen and around there. I felt kind of old to not lose my v-card, but I had class unlike those girls who just gave theirs away freely. I didn't want to just get my v-card away. I wanted someone that was going to be there next to my side. It sounds old-fashioned, but I just don't like giving myself freely to a male. At least Connor is a patient man and it gives me time to think about it, but I do know that it was going to happen sooner than later. 

My entire body stiffen at the feel of arms coming around my waist and a smile spread across my lips, but something felt different. I look down to not see tan skin, but a creamy white skin that had the faintest tan on it. My anger burn through me as I turn around and shove Benjamin away from me. I demanded while placing my hands on my waist "What the hell, Benjamin?" 

"You were lost in your thoughts and I thought a simple embrace would snap you out of it" He smirked at me. 

I gave him a glare as he had the nerve to touch me or even embrace me! That was Connor's job and that was it. I snapped "Well find some other way than that" 

He rolled his eyes "Whatever you say, Miss Rose" 

Connor came into the room as his eyes widen up in surprised to see Benjamin standing there in front of me "What are you doing here, Benjamin?" 

"Oh, just came to get Rose for you" He answered with an innocent smile.

Connor narrowed his eyes at Benjamin as I knew that look. It was that deadly look that he always give to Benjamin. It made me feel warm to know how much Connor is protected of me and basically claim me with one look. He wasn't happy with Benjamin at all. A warm feeling was going through me as Connor murmured in a deadly tone "I'm more than capable of coming to get Rose, myself" 

My lips were twitching was I wanted to give Benjamin a smug look, but I thought better of it. Benjamin only let out a sigh "If you weren't out of the manor already. I wouldn't need to then"

Connor simply glare at Benjamin before coming over to me and asked "Thomas Hickey is in New York now. Are you ready to go after him?" 

I could see the worry in those dark brown eyes of his and I answered with a reassuring smile "Yes, Connor. I'm ready" 

He nodded his head as there was a faint smile on his lips and he lean down through me to press his lips to mine. My hands went up his chest to his neck before circling my arms around his neck. I felt his arms coming around my waist and I heard Benjamin give a scoff before exiting the room. A smile was spreading across my lips as I felt Connor's lips doing the same thing as I was. He pulled away from me as he murmured "That work better than I thought" 

A chuckle escape from me "Indeed, it did" 

He pressed his lips to mine again as our lips move against each other slowly. I love how Connor can be protected when he wants to. It feels me with such joy that I never have experience before. He truly was different than the others. We pulled away from each other slowly as I didn't want to, but I know that we had to get underway. Connor pressed his forehead against mine and murmured "As much as I want to stay like this. We must get going" 

I breath out "I know, Connor" 

He smile before releasing me from his arms and I did as well. He took my hand in his as we walk out of the room together. My cheeks were burning from out heated session and his words. I never knew that he could possibly let his feelings show so easily. I'm quite surprised, but I love him with all of my heart. We have grown quite close to each other and I enjoy the feeling of being with him. We descended down the stairs as I didn't see Benjamin there. He must have went outside and that's where he is meeting us. Connor open the door and let me go through first. A smile spread across my lips as I passed him on my way out. 

He follow me and close the door with a soft click to hear it latch. Benjamin was down the stairs with three horses already as he was waiting for us. Connor and I share a look with each other as he gave me a smile. I smile back at him before we walk down the stairs and over to Benjamin. Connor hoisted himself up onto his saddle and I did the same as well. It was quite difficult for me, but I managed. I hate being short, but it does have it's perks. Benjamin was the last to get onto his saddle and we began to trudge down the road leaving the manor behind. It was time for some Templar hunting and Thomas Hickey was next. 

I was a little nervous about this sequence as I didn't like it one bit and having Connor get past those guards are going to be a pain in the arse, but he does get out shortly. It would only be a short time until he does, but I still was a little nervous in how Benjamin and I are going to change this a little. A sigh escape from me, but it wasn't audible to my companions. They didn't turn around and asked what's wrong. I can't tell them what's wrong as they wouldn't believe a single thing that I would have said. I would probably have to come up with something to tell, but it doesn't matter right now. 

We have a job to do and that's what we were going to. Hopefully, we can avoid the prison, but I highly doubt that. We will just have to see when we get there. I wonder if it was going to follow the sequence even though we are here with him. I know there was some changes with Benjamin. So, I wonder if we are going to run into more people that are after Benjamin because of his father that is working with Connor's father. I don't know if we will run into some of his father's followers in New York, but we will just have to see. I'm a little nervous in coming along as I don't like Thomas Hickey- not in the slightest. I really didn't like this sequence at all, but I just have to go with it. 

Connor would need me just like he would need Benjamin in some way, but together we can figure out the best way to get Hickey. Maybe, we could also avoid the prison situation as well. I shook my head as I just focus on the task ahead of us. That was getting us to the New York first and planning ahead as well. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D