Chapter: 71 George Washington

Chapter: 71

We finally made it, as the last of the sunshine disappeared over the horizon. It was becoming darker by the minute and we reach the place where George Washington was at, along with Haytham as well. This was going to be fun. Not. This was going be the most difficult thing that Connor has to do. I was beyond nervous for us both. Plus, this would be my first time meeting George Washington as I didn't do it before because of the battle that I didn't want to see. Connor didn't make me go either and I didn't know whether to count myself as lucky or not.

We finally arrive at the fort and I took a deep breath before getting off of my horse. Connor took my horse's reins before placing a warm kiss on my cheek. He guided them over to the tree as I look at him with a surprised expression on my face. What was that kiss for? I blink a couple of times before walking over to him but stop myself. I turn away from him with my blood rushing to my cheeks. My soft fingertips gently brush against my cheek where his lips were not even a minute ago. 

He came back over to me before taking my hand in his and gave me a reassuring squeeze. My eyes look up into his as they were full of concern and annoyance. He was annoyed that he had to bring me out here because his father said to. I knew that he didn't want to, but I guess he felt he had no choice to. I made my own choice and accompanied him here. There was no way that I was going to let Connor do this on his own. So, I am willing to take the risk for him. He spoke quietly, "Stay by my side, Rose."

I nodded to him, "Okay, Connor."

He gave me a faint smile before kissing me gently on the lips before taking my hand in his. We parted from each other before walking up the small hill. My eyes look around and I notice some of the soldiers here were surprised to see us. Mainly me, because I am a woman. My robes outline my body and it doesn't fool anyone into thinking that I am a male. Nope, a full woman. I look away from them as we came to a stop by a tent and my eyes widen to see a tall man along with Haytham there.

My stomach twisted and I realize that Haytham was here before us. He could have killed George Washington easily and change the course of history, but he didn't. I know that he didn't do that either in the game, but this was different. I was changing what happens in here. A soft sigh escapes from my lips, but it was barely audible for anyone to hear. Haytham gave us a smile, "Washington, my son and his girlfriend Rose."

Why does that sound horrible coming from that man? Washington turns around and my eyes widen to the tall male standing before me. He gave us a kind smile, "Connor. It's good to see you again. I believe we have never met before, miss."

My eyes were wide and I couldn't believe that I was standing before our very first president. He was in military uniform and everything. This was beyond any of my wildest imagination. My breathing becomes shallow as I extended my hand, "I am Rosemary Lewis, sir."

He took my hand and brought it to his lips like a gentleman would do back in these days. He nodded his head, "I welcome you personally to our fort here." 

Haytham clears his throat and spoke, "As touchy as this is, we need to get started. I don't have all day."

"Ah yes. I did momentarily forget that you were here." Washington's voice took on a disapproving tone. He let my hand go and Connor let out an irritable sigh. Washington even sounded a little sarcastic right now. Damn, the general has some sass. 

A smirk was spreading across my lips and I had to turn away for a moment to get a hold of myself. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. I'm like a little girl in a candy store. Haytham scoffed before turning away and walking into the large tent with a table in the middle of it. Connor tugged me along as Washington follow him into the tent. I manage to control myself before walking into the tent along with Connor.