Chapter: 42 Strange Letter

Chapter: 42

Rosemary's POV: 

I forgot how guy's could be so hot-headed and I was cold. I hate the snow. It was wet and it clung to me. The cold temperatures weren't helping at all and I had an extra shirt on under my assassins gear, but the wind was still nipping at me. My teeth were chattering and I was getting annoyed at Connor and Benjamin. They were like two girls going at each other's throats. We were riding horses as we were on our way to Boston to do some liberation missions and also to check on Benjamin's grandmother while we were there.

My nerves were in a bundle as those two kept bickering as we were almost to Boston. This kept happening when Benjamin came back and made smart remarks to Connor. Connor had to retaliate against him, which end up bickering at each other like girls who couldn't control their temper and have to keep bickering at each other. I was not in the mood for this and I was grounding my teeth together to keep from snapping at them. They were both pushing my buttons, but I didn't want to snap at them for we had entered Boston. I would have cause a big commotion and have everyone look at us. I don't like to be in the center of attention at all. 

We started walking to where his Inn was as we were closest to that one instead of a liberation mission. Connor's and Benjamin's voice were starting to grow louder with one another and I drove my fist into their spines. They instantly stop and made grunts before turning around to look at me. They both were rubbing their backs as I growled through my clench chattering teeth as I had my arms folded over my chest "Would you g-guys q-quit b-bickering already?" 

"Are you cold?" Connor asked with concern in his voice. 

"I-I'll be fine. O-once we are there" I answered as I was shivering now as we were just standing there not moving. It's more cold standing around when we are actually moving around. 

"We're almost there" Benjamin smirked at me "Then I'll give you a warm hug to warm you up"

"You will do no such thing" Connor snapped at Benjamin. 

"Oh really now?" Benjamin raise an eyebrow up at Connor. 

"Guys!" I shouted at both of them as I snapped "Knock it off!" 

They both look at me as I gave both of them a glaring look as my shivering form wasn't helping me at all. Connor wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he was warm against my shivering form. We continue to walk as Benjamin let out a sigh, but didn't say anything. I lend into Connor as we walk the rest of the way in a somewhat comfortable silence to the inn. I really would like to be in a warm place or something. I hate the cold and the snow. It's horrible. 

We finally made it as the rush of heat coming from the inn hit me in the face as I let out a content sigh. I look around the inn to see it was somewhat busy, but not too busy. Benjamin walk over to where his grandma was and we walk over together. She look up from what she doing and smile "Hello grandson. Who are your friends?" 

"You already met Rose and this is Connor" Benjamin pointed to me first then to Connor. 

"Ah, yes. The lovely girl and it's a pleasure to meet you" Benjamin's grandma murmured to Connor. 

Connor nodded to her as Benjamin asked "Is everything all right here, grandmother?" 

"Yes, everything is fine" The grandmother answered him. 

"That's good to hear" Benjamin nodded his head. 

"I did receive something for you though, Ben" Benjamin's grandmother murmured. 

Benjamin's whole demeanor changed as we share a look with each other before looking back at him. He look like he was ready to break something, but nothing happened. The grandmother came back from where she had went and hand Benjamin a folded up letter. Benjamin open the letter slowly and he began to read it. Connor places his hand on my back as I look up at him and he gave me a sadden look. I was confused in what was going on or what had happened. Did something happened and I miss it while doing something or was I sleeping? I shook my head as I didn't really know what was going on. 

He crumpled the letter up and threw into the back where his grandmother is or I think that is where she is. He look back at us as he look older than he was and Connor asked "What is the matter?" 

"Nothing" He shooked his head as he went into the back as he called back over his shoulder "Go and do the mission" 

Connor let out a sigh as he took my hand in his and place a kiss on my cheek. He lead me over to the door as I let out a sigh as we had to go back outside. He opens the door as we step out in the cold as it was snowing again. Connor look over his shoulder and gave me a smirk. I gave him a glare as he just chuckle. I look away as we walk down the street as the wind blew and a shiver went through me. He lead me out of the town area, but we were still here. We both saw that someone was in trouble and we both rush to help the lady. 

The guys saw us and ran away from the lady. She thank us before moving on and we walk down to where the harbor was. I remember how I was capture and shiver at the thought of that guy slapping me again. I took Connor's hand as I move closer to him as he murmured "I won't let anyone harm you again" 

I nodded as I look up at him as he smiled before informing me on what we were going to do "Okay. We are hunting down a Templar that is around here. Once you see him. Stabbed him" 

I nodded as he continued "We will split up and meet right back here. Will that be okay with you or do you want me to stay with you?" 

"I can handle it on my own, Connor" I said looking at him confidently. 

He kiss my cheek as he murmured "Be safe then" 

I nodded feeling my cheeks burn as we departed our ways as I walk down the harbor as he went the other way. I was a little nervous in doing this on my own, but I have to do it if I'm to overcome my fear of going out on my own again. I have to learn to do things on my own and I can do this just like any of them. I can do it. I just have to have enough faith in me to do this. I look over around as I notice the snow was falling harder now and that it was getting dark early. I hate this weather. I always have and it's not fun at all. My teeth were chattering away again as I was shivering. 

I don't know how Connor did this, but then again he basically lives outside or use to. I'm a 21st century and I'm use to the central heat and cooling system of the vast technology of my era. I'm not use to this at all, but that's how I was raised and where I was from. A sigh escape from me as I didn't see any guys that look like Templars at all, but it's getting darker out and my surroundings were getting difficult to see. The street lamps were coming on, but it only lit partially the area up. My nerves were on end as I didn't see him anywhere. 

Did Connor get the guy already or what? I don't know, but I'm cold and it's freezing out here. The temperature is dropping and I want nothing, but warmth. I was shivering uncontrollably as I didn't find that guy. I was already at the end of the of the harbor. I was useless and so much for my confidence as it had failed me. I had failed Connor in doing what he told me to do. A shaky sigh escape from me as my muscles were getting sore from me shivering. It was freaking cold out here! That's all I could think about now. I move my legs to go forward as I look around as the harbor was getting deserted as people were heading home. 

I didn't see Connor yet and I didn't see any of the Templars that wore black tri-corn hats and black trench coats. I still remember how they were dressed and everything, but I didn't see them at all. I feel like I let Connor down as I didn't get rid of that Templar nor did I even find him, but I do have to remember that Connor might have found him. I reach back to our meeting place, but I didn't see Connor here at all. In fact, I didn't see him anywhere. Where could he have gone disappeared to? 

Someone cover their mouth with my hand as they lead me away from the harbor quickly. I struggled against the person, but it was useless as they were stronger than I was. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D