Chapter: 34 The Rescue

Chapter: 34

Connor's POV:

I look around as I knew we were close just by the way the guards were standing around. Benjamin pointed to a building that had guards on each side of a door that was on this side. That's where they are holding her. I look around the area to see that the area was heavily guarded with red coats. We will have to be stealthy and quick. We have to make sure not to alert any of the guards and get her out of there quickly.

I started to move through the roads as I avoided being detected by any of the guards and kept moving forward. Benjamin follow my every lead as we both took out the guards that were by the door and before I could open it. He stop me from opening the door and I look over a him. He put a finger to his mouth and then pointed to the door. I gave him a look, but I listen to what was going on behind the door.

"I told you before I don't know anything..." Rose was saying.

"So...you're going around with him not knowing who he is and what he is doing...very interesting" A guy was saying to her in there.

She didn't say anything else as I was going to open the door again, until I heard a slap and a grunt. The chair got knock over as well and that was when I burst into the room. I didn't waste anytime as I flick my wrist to show my hidden blades. I move quickly to the guy that was standing over her. He look up as I raise my hidden blade to strike him. He block me and we end up going at each other blocking each other's hits.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw that Benjamin went over to Rose as I realize she was knockout. How hard did he hit her? Was it the impact from the floor or was it him? I was already angry and now he really have sent me over the edge. I hit him in the gut as he went down and then I struck him with my hidden blade.  He gurgled as I retracted my hidden blade and then went over Benjamin to see he had untie Rose's hands and ankles. He was now trying to wake her up.

Before I could say anything, Rose open her eyes as Benjamin pull her up from the ground slowly.I could see she was dizzy and I went over to her as I pick her up in my arms. Benjamin went to the door as I follow him quickly as we went outside. Rose murmured "Connor..."

I turn my attention to her as I asked "Yes, Rose?"

She didn't answer as I saw her eyes fluttering shut and I was worry once again as Benjamin lead me through the streets again, avoiding being spotted here and there. We got two horses as I got onto one and Benjamin handed me Rosemary. She sat sideways on the horse as we made our way out of Boston and into the frontier.

********************************************

We came back to the manor as I went upstairs to lay Rose down and Achilles follow me upward to the room. "What happened?" Achilles asked.

"Apparently, she went on her own with Benjamin to the Boston" I answer.

Benjamin was in the room as well and once I lay Rose down on the bed. I turn around to face him "What does your father want?"

He didn't answer and I step closer to him "Answer"

"He wants me back...as his only son...I'm suppose to follow in his footsteps, but I chose my mother's side. That was the Assassin's and not my father's side..." He answer with a hard look.  

Achilles look at me as I look over at him "Sounds like someone that I know..."

I realize that his story match mine, except my father is the Templar and my tribe had raise me after my mother had died in the terrible fire that swept through the entire village. A sigh escape from me as I look over at Rose to see her sleeping still. I look back over at Benjamin "Why does he want you back?"

"Because...I started out learning the Templar's way and the Assassin's way at the same time. My mother taught me the Creed and my father taught me the Templar's. Basically, he wanted me because I have knowledge of both sides and could be use as a secret undercover assassin for the Templars." He answered while explaining a little. 

Achilles eyes narrow "Then it's a good thing...that your mother took you in. Speaking of your mother...where is she?"

"She passed away a long time ago..." He answered with a sad look in his eyes.

"Then who has been guiding you on the path of an Assasssin..." Achilles said.

"My grandmother..." He answered.

Achilles nodded "That would explain a lot..."

We end up in silence as we were all lost in our own thoughts and I felt someone gently taking my hand into theirs "Connor..."

Everyone in the room turn their head to Rose that was awake and I kneel beside her. I heard the other two leaving the room. I could see she was confused and I asked "Are you okay?"

She look at me "Yes..."

Rose slowly sat up as I let her watching for the signs that she wasn't fine. I slowly stood back up and sat down on the edge of the bed. I realize that I had her hand in my hand still, but I didn't remove my hand away from hers. I could see the tears coming down her cheeks as I asked "What's wrong, Rose?"

"I was so scared...Connor. I was a complete fool..." She murmured.

I didn't say anything even though I wanted to say a lot of things, but I didn't say anything. She continue to cry and I didn't know what to do. I felt her arms come around me and I felt my body stiffen. I slowly wrap my arms around her as I hold her close to me. This must be how the people comfort each other and I got to admit...it kind of feels nice.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D