chapter 67- sixth year

i tried to scream but the hand covering my mouth, muffled them.

the person grabs my waist wait his other hand, pulling me into an empty classroom.

finally the person turns me around and im faced with-

draco. he looks scared. really scared.

"draco what are you-" i try to say when he removes his hand from my mouth.

"stay here and don't leave." he interrupts.

"i-"

but he cuts me off by cupping my face in his hands and bringing me in for a long passionate kiss. i snake my arms up to his hair and try to kiss his neck but he pulls away.

"don't leave." he mutters, and with that he takes one last look at me before leaving the room.

i stumble back in confusion, staring at the door.

so i just wait here, but for what?

what if he's going to like do something bad? or get hurt? i won't be there- fuck.

i run my hands through my hair and pace around the room.

i glance back over at the door, biting my nails.

"fuck it." i mutter and swing open the door, running out in the direction draco went.

"i really shouldn't be doing this." i whisper to myself.

as i run down the hallway i notice draco turning a corner, quietly i speed up.

where is he going?

then after a couple of turns and walking up some staircases, i come to the realization of where he is headed.

the astronomy tower.

as he starts to walk up more stairs and i follow a little ways behind him. when i try walking up the stairs though to the astronomy tower- an arm grabs me, pulling me to the floor.

i spin around and see harry, "what?" i snap, moving my arm away from his grasp.

"what are you doing up here?" harry asks.

"i-"

"good evening draco, what brings you here on this fine spring evening." dumbledore's voice says from above us.

why is draco with him?

"who else is here? i heard you talking." draco mutters coldly.

i gulp. maybe i shouldn't be here.

"harry i should go-"

he puts a finger over his lips, telling me to be quiet.

"i've been talking aloud to myself, i find it extraordinarily useful. have you been whispering to yourself draco?"

everything is quiet.

"draco you are no assassin."

assassin? draco wouldn't- he couldn't do that. why would he want to kill someone?

my palms begin to get sweaty.

"how do you know what i am?" he asks, his voice cracks in fear.

i peak through the floor boards and see draco's wand pointed directly at dumbledore.

my heart drops.

he can't kill him- dumbledore, he is going to find a way to send me back. he's going to find a way to see my mom. he's going to find answers.

"i've done things that would shock you!" draco retaliates.

"like cursing katie bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? like placing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison?"

my bottom lip quivers. he tried to kill dumbledore?

"forgive me draco but feeling that these actions are so weak that you're heart can't really have been in them." dumbledore continues.

"he trusts me, i was choosen!"

a tear slips down from my eye as i see the mark on his porcelain skin.

"i shall make it easy for you." dumbledore says, raising his wand.

but before he could do anymore, draco shouts the disarming spell. making dumbledore's wand fall to the ground.

just then we hear doors open, "you're not alone." dumbledore states, "there are others, how?"

"the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement,
i've been mending it."

he's been- he's been working on bringing other death eaters to our school? knowing what they would do if they found me- they would take me to him. he knew that- but yet he still did it?

my eyes go wide with shock and i feel harry grab my hand, pulling me back.

"let me guess, it has a sister- a twin." dumbledore says, trying to distract draco.

"borgin and burke's, they form a passage." draco replies, still holding his wand out to dumbledore.

i feel sick.

"ingenious."

"draco, years ago- i knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. please let me help you." dumbledore pleads.

another tear falls down my face.

"i don't want your help! don't you understand? i have to do this. i have to kill you- or he's going to kill me."

i throw my other hand over my mouth to suppress an upcoming sob.

harry notices this and squeezes my hand lightly.

my head jolts up as i hear more footsteps above us. bellatrix and other death eaters are walking up to draco.

"look what we have here." bellatrix says, her high pitched voice gives me haunting flashbacks to the last time i saw her.

"well done draco." she whispers from behind him.

i move ever so slightly so i can see his face, he looks so scared.

so so scared.

"do it." she seethes to draco, bellatrix's
patience slowly running out.

"don't draco please." i whisper, only loud enough for me to hear.

im so caught up in listening to what is happening above i don't realize what's going on beside me.

snape is beside both harry and i, a finger raised to his lips.

"go on draco NOW!" bellatrix screams from above, making my attention go back to her.

snape walks past us and up to where draco is, "no."
he mutters.

"severus, please."

and those were his last words before dumbledore died, by snape's hand.

i wanted to scream. he was always kind to me- he was the only person who really understood me.

and now he's gone. forever.

harry tries to pull me away but i notice draco from above. he looks so sad. so fucking sad.

then draco locks eyes with me, they go wide.

"run." he mouths.

tears fill in my eyes as i turn around, fleeing with harry.

we run down some hallways, and i tell harry to go so i can tell daphne and blaise to hide in case something happens.

but as i turn a corner i feel a wand aimed at the back of my head.

___________________________________

aw shit here we go again 😅😅😅🧘

vote/comment/share