chapter 64- sixth year

it's been weird to say the least- having everyone know my secret.

at this point if you didn't know who i am or what happened- you'd have to be living under a rock. everyone knew, including the students at hogwarts. no one would really talk to me anymore- i mean most kids didn't believe it. but still, they didn't want to take any changes being caught talking to an accused muggle.

i don't think everyone knows the really story though. it's been watered down. the story going around is that i snuck in somehow and they can't send me back. the students think im and intruder- an imposter among the wizarding world.

which to be honest- i kinda am.

when im in class, i would notice kids watching me preform magic in awe. they don't know that i made it so i can preform magic- that it wasn't a gift. it was my doing.

daphne, blaise, and draco are all i have. some girls i use to talk to- never talk to me anymore. blaise was shocked about hearing everything, i mean like really shocked.

"you've got to be shitting me y/n." blaise mumbles, running a shaky hand through his hair.

"im sorry i didn't tell you- i am. it's just i was so fucking scared everyone would hate me. and i guess i wasn't too far off."

"i- i don't hate you y/n. it's just this- this is a lot."

"i know- i know."

draco- he would see me when he got the chance. he never talks to me in front of people anymore. which i understand- if anything got back to them, it could be bad.

but whenever i talk to draco- alone, he is usually quiet. he keeps to himself a lot now. i wish i could help him in some way. but i know it's best if i leave him to finish the task alone. i don't want to be a distraction- because i know what will happen if he doesn't finish whatever he's doing.

about the task though- he won't tell me what it's about. all he says is he has to repair it. whenever i want to ask him about it or say i'll look into it myself- he gets oddly nervous. so i just leave it alone, i don't want to cause him even more stress than he already has.

"are you coming to breakfast? im getting there early, to talk to a girl about homework, wanna come?" daphne asks, as she slips on her robe.

"i'll meet you down there."

"oh- okay, we'll hurry up then."

"will do."

she smiles at me once more before exiting the dorm.

i slowly get out of my warm bed and throw on my uniform. while applying my makeup, i swiftly draw on small winged eyeliner and blush with some mascara.

after i fully get ready i quickly grab my bag and run out of the dorm. i turn a couple corners and walk down some empty, quiet hallways before seeing the room of requirements in front of me. something inside of me wants me to go in- just to see if draco is in.

he told me he'd be in there a lot- so maybe i could talk to him before breakfast starts.

when i step in i glance around at all the items. as i im walking around i hear a bird chirp. that kind of scares me for some reason and i duck down beside some boxes.

i look forward and see draco. i almost get up to walk over to him but i see he's working on the cabinet- placing the tiny bird inside.

draco whispers quiet words, then after a second, opens the door open to find the bird is missing. he closes it again, and repeats his whispers.