chapter 54- sixth year

i missed the carriages. so i walked back to the castle, carrying my heavy suitcases. alone.

i can't stop thinking about him.

draco.

he knows. everything.

now both him and his fucking father want me dead.

what did i expect for him to just never find out? how could i be so stupid? im so unbelievably stupid.

"y/n?" i voice questions from behind me as i walk towards the castle.

i spin around and am met with harry and luna.

"hey guys." i say bringing my sleeve to my face, and quickly wiping any remaining tears away.

"what's wrong?" luna asks, her face turning into a frown.

"n-nothing, uhm- yeah im fine."

i can feel harry staring at me, "y/n..." he says softly.

"what? im good- really."

"oh- you can talk to us whenever. you know that, right?" harry asks, giving me that stupid sympathetic look.

"yeah- yeah, of course. but what happened to your face?" i ask, trying to change the subject.

he waves his hand like it's nothing. but i can tell it's obviously broken.

we get to the entrance and a short little man walks up to us.

"about time. i've been looking all over for you three."

"names?" he asks.

"professor flitwick, you've known us for five years." harry says.

"no exceptions, potter."

i stifle a laugh as the gates shut behind us.

"what's this cane here then?" i hear a man in front of us ask.

"it's not a crane- you cretin, it's a walking stick." a familiar voice says.

i quickly look up and see draco. he's looks aggravated.

i try to listen to what they are saying but harry tears my attention away from them.

"do you want to go with him?" he asks.

"no." i state, looking at the floor.

i turn back to draco and see him snatch the crane away from flitch, snape is there as well.

i try and back away behind harry, so draco wouldn't see me but it's to late. he sees me.

"nice face potter." he utters and his eyes flicker to me for a spit second before looking away.

"draco did that to you?" i whisper in harry's ear from behind him.

i watch him nod slowly, i let out a sigh and look up again to find draco staring at me.

he looks mad, but before i can say anything he has walked away.

at dinner i sit with daphne and blaise. draco was oddly enough sitting alone. he looks sad- like the type of sad that makes everything look gray and dull.

"where were you- like earlier?" daphne asks, stabbing a fork into her baby carrot.

"uhm, i stayed to talk to a few friends." she nods.

"what's up with draco? do any of you know?" blaise asks quietly, leaning into the table.

"couldn't tell you." daphne replies, nonchalantly.