chapter 19- fourth year

"what do you mean i drank the wrong one?" draco asks widening his eyes.

    "what did i drink?" his voice a little louder now. i take the empty bottle from his hand, and look at the label. it's veritaserum, oh okay so nothing lethal. thank merlin.

    "it's veritaserum." i say nervously.

    "oh, okay im glad that it wasn't anything that could like kill me." he says rolling his eyes. i give him a half smile.

    "where is ron?" i say looking out the door.

   "he should stay gone." draco muttered. i can't tell if it's working or not.

   "and why's that draco?" i ask smirking.

he holds back, trying to stop himself from answering, "because he 100% likes you." he blurts out.

   "and why would you care?"

   "stop. shit stop."

it's silent for a second but he can't hold it in.

   "because i don't like that he likes you." he says sighing, a little satisfied with his answer.

   i decide to change the subject, i know im being kind of a bitch but it's what he deserves for how he treated ron.

   "so how is it going with you and pansy?" i ask and he glares at me.

   "it couldn't be worse." he says putting his hands over his face, mad at himself for answering.

   "is it really that bad?"

   "yes."

   "can you just stop? i don't like being questioned." he says his voice definitely loud now.

    "sorry, sorry." i say leaning against the wall, throwing my hands up defensively.

    "don't tell anyone about anything. okay?" he says coming a little closer to me.

     "jeez okay then."

   just then ron walks in, "hey sorry- the mop wasn't there so i had to go find another one, then the other mop wasn't there. but i found one, here." he says handing draco the mop.

i don't really understand what he said but i go with it.

   draco looks at the mop like it's a foreign object.

"uh, what do i do with it?" he asks glaring at ron.

   "you really don't know- whatever ill do it." ron says grabbing the mop and cleaning up the green liquid.

   i grab dracos arm pulling him over to the sink, "here, you never drank this one." i say giving him the healing potion.

he smiles a little, "thanks."

"but still go to the infirmary or something- i don't know how that works." i explain examining the cut.

"aw does y/n care about my health." he says grinning.

"shut up." i say dropping his hand and walking back over to the selves of books.

   after a while of cleaning we are finally finished. snape comes in, checks the place out, and gives us a slight nod, allowing us to leave.

  ron and i walk down to the great hall, draco following a couple feet behind us.

   "you know the name selection takes place today."ron says sounding excited.

"yeah, can't wait." i say as we enter the great hall. i wave bye to ron and walk over to the slytherin table. taking a seat beside blaise, draco sits on the other side of me.

"now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection." dumbledore yells from the front of the hall.

the lights go out and i can barley contain my excitement.

"the dumstrang champion is, viktor krum!" the dumstrang students clap as krum leaves the hall.

"the champion from beauxbatons, is fleur delacour!"

this time the students of beauxbatons clap loudly as fleur proudly shakes hands with dumbledore and leaves the hall as krum did.

another slip of paper flys out of the goblet and dumbledore catches it, "the hogwarts champion, cedric diggory!"

the whole hufflepuff table shouts and claps in joy.

  i remember him- he's the one i watched put his name in the goblet. he leaves the great hall happily and dumbledore returns to talking.

"excellent! we now have our three champions, but in the end only one will go down in history."

"only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel victory, the triwizard cup." dumbledore points to a large shimmering blue cup.

  everyone shouts and claps. but something stops those claps. the goblet of fire.

everyone turns to it, as another piece of paper flys out.

"harry potter?" dumbledore says looking around, searching for him. everyone is silent.

"harry potter!" he yells loudly, and harry slowly gets up, walking towards dumbledore.

my eyes flicker towards his table, ron looks furious- more jealous actually. harry takes his slip of paper and leaves the room.

right as the teachers are about to leave, another slip of paper flies out of the goblet. the whispers of the students gossiping quickly die down.

dumbledore looks shocked as he takes the paper.

"y/n, y/l/n!" dumbledore yells.

all eyes turn to me.

blaise looks at me like he's seen a ghost, and draco stares at me, frozen in shock.

____________________________________
sorry this is short- the next one will be longer😻😻
vote/comment/share <3