chapter 39- fifth year

i wouldn't say that things with me and blaise are awkward pers se i would just say it's kinda- i don't know, it's just different.

sure we are still like really good friends and all, but i can see that something changed. he acts differently around me, like he's scared to mess up and say the wrong thing. he now usually stutters when talking to me- it's about the kiss.

who knew one kiss could change so much.

it's the first day of school and blaise and i are already at the train station. we both decide to wait for draco and daphne. im not necessarily thrilled to see draco again, but i'll wait for daphne.

this is going to be torture- fuck i have to share a compartment with him.

i quickly snap out of these thoughts as im caught off guard by a big hug. daphne.

i smile big, and pull away.

daphne smiles back at me. she's changed over the summer- he hair now black, and eyeliner is drawn on her blue eyes. she wears black platform boots, and her cheeks are rosy with blush.

"like my new look, do you?" daphne asks twirling around.

i laugh at her failed attempt at a graceful twirl, "i love it daph."

"where's draco" she blurts out to blaise.

he shrugs his shoulders and looks around.

"he's probably running late." daphne says scoffing.

with that she turns on her heels and waves at us to follow her to the train.

we both follow quickly behind her, but i glance behind me one last time to see if draco is there. he isn't. i sigh and walk onto the train.

i get to the compartment first, pushing past the first years. as soon as i step in im greeted by a familiar blonde haired boy.

he glances up at me and scoffs.

"took you long enough."

"took me long enough? that's what you say after-"

just then blaise and daphne walk in, mumbling about something.

  "everything alright here?" blaise says slumping down on the bench.

  i glare at draco, "yeah, fine."

draco surprisingly returns the glare and turns his head, not looking at me. is he mad at me?

  i turn to sit by blaise but daphne slides in quickly, taking the seat.

i stare at her for a second hoping she'd move by draco but she doesn't budge.

i curse under my breath and sit beside draco.

"of course you pick me to sit by"

"i didn't- what? daphne- she," i point over to the bench she lays on, "she took my seat obviously."

"obviously." draco says mockingly

daphne clears her throat and blaise looks awkwardly out the windows

"wake me up when we get there, will you?"  daphne asks and lays down snuggling into the cushion.

"would you wake me up too y/n?" draco asks.

"im not-"

  but before i can say anything he leans back and rests his head on my lap, smirking up at me.

  "please?"

  part of me wants to push him off and let him hit the floor, but the other part wants to play with his hair and watch him drift of to sleep. what the fuck is wrong with me?