chapter 38- summer break

the weeks that followed where probably the most fun i've had in a while. some days i help camilla, blaise's grandmother, in the garden and other times blaise and i practice spells with his grandfather.

"so flick it like this then?" i ask mr. zabini as we practice magic by the lake.

"exactly." he responds leaning against the tree with a book in his hand.

"hey grandfather can y/n and i head in now it's almost dark."

  "yes we will begin again tomorrow."

we both nod and hurry away down the trail.

  during the summer i owled all of my friends- well most. draco never sent me one owl, not one. even though he constantly told me to not forget about him, it seems like he had totally forgotten about me.

i normally come back to my room after the day and see letters on my windowsill. i always check through them all to see if any came from draco, none ever did.

  if he wanted to forget about me, then i'd forget about him too. he just thinks he's better than everyone. he's kissed me now four times, and he can't even bother to send me one fucking letter? is it pansy, is that it? because i don't even know what they are. are they even dating? im so fucking dumb.

"hey y/n you okay?" blaise asks, snapping me back into reality.

  "uh yeah, yeah- it's just, has draco ever owled you?"

  "uhm, yes. a couple times, why?"

  "piece of shit." i mutter under my breath.

  "what?"

  "draco literally has not once- not at all owled me this whole summer."

  "oh- uh, im sorry about that. im sure he has- uh, some explanation." he says looking around at the trees.

  "yeah- he better." i say annoyed.

"he's probably with pansy or something." i laugh as we continue to walk up to the cottage.

the sun is going down faster and faster.

  "yeah probably- that girl is obsessed with him." blaise says scoffing.

"is he obsessed with her?" i ask pretending like i don't care that much.

"uhh, why do you care?"

"um- i just want to mess with him about it." i lie cringing at how stupid it sounds.

"oh yeah- well he talks about her sometimes. i mean once and a while he'd say something about how he really likes her but he doesn't know how she feels. or how he'd get mad at her, but then feel bad because he thinks he hurt her. it's weird to think he's talking about pansy- and it's weird that it's coming from draco."

he and pansy are that serious?

i thought- i thought, i don't know. oh my god im the other woman. wait no- he said he didn't want to be with her- that he had to.

oh my god was that all a fucking lie?

"uh y/n?"

i blink and look up to blaise.

"oh- yeah no, that's weird yeah." i mumble and blaise nods his head.

dracos a fucking liar.

the last weeks of summer break were good. i've managed to forget about draco- for the most part. it still bugs me how he is just completely ignoring me this whole summer.

i thought about these things as i shove my clothes back into my suitcase. it's the last day of summer break before we have to go back to hogwarts.

"here you almost forgot." blaise says holding my brush out to me.

"oh- thanks." i shove it back into my suitcase and zip it up.

"hey before we go, want to go out to the swing one last time?"

"sure." i say happily.

as we get to the swing, the sun starts to set and you can see the reflection of the beautiful sky on the clear water.

"you first." he says ushering me over to the tire swing.

i gladly accept and hop on while he grabs the sides and pushes me forward.

as i get higher i lean back into the air soaking up my last day of freedom.

  finally though i come to a stop and climb off. blaise is sitting against the tree smiling up at me.

"want to?" i say pointing to the empty swing.

"no." he simply states, getting up from the place he sat and starts to walk over to me.

"thanks for being here y/n- it really was fun."

"it was the best summer i've had blaise."

he steps closer.

"good."

i look at him, smiling shyly. he reaches down to my face and pushes the hair away from my face.

"blaise?" i ask confused.

"y/n." he whispers still looking into my eyes.

he comes closer to my face. i stand still.

i need to forget about draco, right? and blaise- he's kind and thoughtful and-

my thoughts are cut off by blaise kissing my soft lips. his hands grab my hips, pulling me closer to him.

  i kiss him back- once. then guilt washes over me. i can't do this.

i pull back and look at him.

"blaise..."

"im sorry- shit, i shouldn't have." blaise says running his hands through his hair.

"i-"

"it's okay, you don't have to say anything about it."

i nod and smile at him, he turns back heading to the cottage when he stops and turns back around to glance at me. he nods his head towards the cottage, ushering me to follow him.

i smile and stumble towards him. and we walk back to the cottage, the only noise is the crickets deep within the woods.
____________________________________

SORRY YALL I HAD TO 😃

child anyways comment/vote/share

also next chapter starts 5th year 😻😻